Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jordanelle/Rock cliffs 8-18
I made it out to Rock Cliffs yesterday morning for a float trip. It was a nice day to be out. Started about 9 AM. Initially, it looked like the X would deliver a stinker. In the first little while, I had no smallies, and the perch I caught were almost all dinks. Finally, about 11, I hooked into a biggun and landed a nice 17 inch smallie. That seemed to get things going, as shortly afterwards a nice 14 er was caught. I got a few more 11-12 inch smallies through the balance of the day, but I felt the bass bite wasn't what it has been in previous trips this year. I then started to pick up bigger perch, fishing stick ups and around the floating weeds (not the slimy moss). I finally hit a spot with a school of 8-11 inch perch and quickly caught a stringer full. Once I had all I wanted to fillet, I went back to the bass lures, and finished out the day with a few more smallies and perch. It was a fun trip. The 3-4 inch perch were everywhere, but small pods of the quality perch are there, they just require a lot of searching to find them.

On the way in, I came across a small (dead) rattlesnake floating in the water. It looked like someone had killed it and tossed it in the drink. [:/] Maybe someone was experimenting on a new bass lure. The "shot out" part was right where one would "wacky rig" it.[Wink]
Tight lines
[signature]
LOL... Thanks for the report. Glad you were able to get a couple nice smallies, and some nice perch. [Smile]
[signature]
how late was ya out there? we were at the rock cliffs til dark last night
DZ
[signature]
Hey DZ the next time you go for some evening action (LakeX) drop me a line. Not to far from home for me and I like fishing the evening bite.

So how did you do? And what part of RC were ya fishing?
[signature]
I left at about 3 PM. I was in my green Fat Cat float tube. Were you in one of the 3 boats anchored over on the south side across from the ramp? It sure was a nice day to be out on the water.
[signature]
no I was there later.
DZ
[signature]
I'll remember that, we didn't have much luck. I was more or less trying out the motor and only fished for a few.
DZ
[signature]