Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eastern High Sierra report w/ pics
Hello, Nevadan's, just wanted to post a quick report from our recent trip to the Bishop/Mammoth area.
We camped 4 days at Tuff Campground near Tom's Place off Hwy 395.
most of the days were spent fishing Lower Rock Creek which flows through the campground.
I'm not sure which day they planted but it must have been recent, as we were able to catch as many fish as we wanted, using bait as well as artificials...
My Daughter Delaney caught her first fish,
[Image: DSCF0125.JPG]
and filled out her limit easily
[Image: DSCF0132.JPG]

with the exception of damaging my camper on a small railroad tie which marks the campsite, and a broken water seperating filter on the truck we had a great time.

Needles to say, it was several degrees cooler up there, and I hated having to come back to Vegas...
[signature]
Hey!,
Looks like you had a great trip! Thanks for the report. We have never ventured West or South – I don’t know why. Do you trend West often?
Enjoy your little ones’s. They grow up fast!

Vince
[signature]
Hi Vince, we head to the Sierra Nevada often, whitch confuses many of the locals here as they mostly head for the Cedar/Beaver area, growing up on the Ca. Central coast, the Sierra, both Eastern and western sides were fairly close and the trout fishing there can be very good, from either the planter Rainbows in the easily accesible streams and lakes, to high country Golden and Brook trout that you really have to hike in for.
Bishop is only 5 Hours away via Westgard pass even with the camper on and from there you can head north on Hwy 395 to Mammoth Lakes, June Lakes, Bridgeport and the West Walker River, Plenty of Hunting and Fishing in that area.

This was Delaneys third fishing trip, we blanked on the First Sierra trip, and the second on a trip around the corner to Floyd Lamb, yielded nothing but weeds.

We're planning a trip to Utah over Labor day after I fix the Camper and hope to discover a few new streams in the Cedar City mountains. Also would like to try the Eagle Valley area in the fall.

I'll be sure to post no mater what the result.
[signature]
Sounds like a great trip. Sorry to hear about your camper though.

I'm gearing up for my annual trip to Lake Mead. I can't wait. I take an 8-9 day trip to Mead once a year in October.

Anyway, have fun and good luck during your Labor Day weekend trip.

Best regards,

Paul
[signature]
I love it up in the high sierras i went up to bridgeport back in june had an amazing time very beautiful. If you ever go to the bridgeport/mono lake region check out Virginia Lakes its est 10,000ft elevation they have some of the nicest fishing and all varieties of trout from brook , cutthroat, to browns.

I just got back today from utah went up to Navajo lake and fished for a couple days as well ill post it up.
[signature]