Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bungle Party/Fishing Trip - Buras, La
[size 3][font "Times New Roman"]LOUISIANA FISHING EXPEDITIONS: BURAS REPORT[/font][/size]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3] [/size][/font]
[size 3][font "Times New Roman"]Yesterday, Capt. John L. Taylor and a bunch of cyber angler friends got together for a BUNGLE party with an awesome dinner and fishing trip. This was his 4th annual BUNGLE party but this time he did it as a fund raiser to help me rebuild my boat dock back after some one had burned it down. Words cannot say how much it warmed my heart to see how many people cared. It was people I had never met before but have read their postings and writings for years. Basically these people had never met each other until this day. [/font][/size]
[size 3][font "Times New Roman"]As far as the fishing goes, they had some of the best anglers. But not to worry this Hopedale fishing guide (talking about myself) held his own in this far away land to make my Hopedale fishing buddies proud. They took me fishing first in the back of Buras and what an experience it was. I have not been fishing that way in about 20 years and to see how much marsh they lost was just mind boggling. There was hardly any marsh left to the area that was such a lush nursery ground for fish when I was a young kid. One positive note though, the place does not lack for trout! [/font][/size]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]Not to leave me with a fishing handicap this day, they let me use a rod and reel that is not yet on the market. This was by far the smoothest, longest casting outfit I have ever laid my hands on. I had to watch when I casted this rod and reel that the lure never went past the horizon, around the world and then back over me (ha ha). It was truly that good![/size][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]We fished with lures only and caught our limit of 75 trout which were 1 to 3 pounders. Capt. John sure knows how to find the trout! A short boat ride (beat the heat type) and plenty of fish is what I got this day![/size][/font]
[size 3][font "Times New Roman"]As for the food, Capt. John L. can really cook it up! He served up the best seafood gumbo I have eaten in years along with a melody of fresh squash, broccoli, shrimp and cheese dish that any five star restaurants would have been proud to serve. [/font][/size]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]My wife Alysha and I had a great time and would like to thank everyone there![/size][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]Sincerely,[/size][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]Capt. Ben H. Leto[/size][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3][url "http://www.louisiana-fishing-expeditions.com/"]www.louisiana-fishing-expeditions.com[/url][/size][/font]

[signature]