Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Welcome to Colorado - Aurora Reservoir
On the SE part of town you'll find Aurora Reservoir, located approximately Quincy and Gun Club Rd. With 820 acres there's plenty of room for fishing. If your doing any bottom fishing the depth can reach 100'. Aurora has artificial fish habitat structures so look for hints where these are to increase your catch. Rainbow, largemouth bass, walleye and yellow perch are a few of what you'll find. An Aurora entrance permit is required and has a 2 trout limit. Conditions as of 8/15 are: The water temperature is 73 degrees. Fishing this time of the year is up-and-down. Expect it to improve in the fall as temperatures drop. Trout fishing from shore has been slow to fair. The best areas have been the east end of the dam and the northwest corner, casting out 40-50 yards with a slip rig with orange and rainbow Power Bait. From boats, trout action is fair to good trolling slowly with night crawlers, or anchoring in 20-30 feet of water and using Power Bait and crawlers. Walleye action has been fair to good. Trolling with crawlers has worked best. Most are not of legal size to possess. The limit for trout is two fish. Boating is restricted to electric motors. For additional information call 303-690-1286. Thanks to the Colo. Fish and Game for the info.
Vinny
[signature]
That doesn't sound stupid, John. There are lots of carp chasers around here. I'm going to have to put on my thinking cap, though as to where you might consistently find carp of +30 lbs.

I'll try to get back to you and maybe some other folks can chime in, too.
[signature]