Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Big Barbee (Warsaw) August 19 - 21
Let me start by saying that any day of fishing is better than anything else.. Except for a day of catching.. Fished Little Barbee, Big Barbee, and Khun lake mostly.. Kept to the edges most of the time and solid cover..

Day 1: Pre storm.. Hot.. Sunny.. Air temp mid to upper 80s with high humidity.. Water temp 78.8.. Fished from surface to deep water.. Only luck anyone had was 2 to 3 feet down near heavy cover.. All small fish..

Day 2: Storm the night before.. Overcast.. Air temp low 80s.. Water temp down a few tenths.. Still nothing.. Still catching bait size fish, Blue Gill and a couple perch near heavy cover..

Day 3: Overcast in the morning and sunny afternoon.. Air temp upper 70s.. Water temp right at 78.. Again, nothing but little stuff.. Wife hoooked a little small mouth..

We did our best on Khun lake.. When you come through the channel from Big Barbee in to Khun and hook hard left you can work both deep and shallow water without moving the boat, just fish the other side.. There were a lot of fishin 15 to 20 feet of water, but they had no interest in eating anything.. On the shallow side the little guys were hitting everything that hit the water..

I did have a couple of hits on a 10" power worm that I drug over the top of the cover and let fall into the holes.. But nothing solid enough to land..

And a quick pic of a happy wifely unit with her catch of the day Smile

[Image: normal_MVC-298S.JPG]
[signature]
Love the photo of your wife!

Thanks for the report...as far as I can gather, it was a tough few days for most everyone...but, at least you got out and were fishing!
[signature]
Some of the guys at the lake were catching Crappie in large numbers.. But they were fishing well after midnight with a spotlight over at least 30 feet of water..

We gave it an hour and the women folk were bored to death so we went back to the cabin and had some Margaritas Smile

Oh, and all of the fish we did catch were on life bait.. Wigglers, night crawlers and minnows..
[signature]
yeah that's right in line with the reports I've been getting...late night fishing seems to be the best for most.

one friend took a 25 lb. flathead at night, while another caught 5 nice bass at night.
[signature]