Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lake Mead Tuesday
Tuesday,08/22/06- Hit the water early (5am) Wind and whitecaps again! A wet bumpy ride to the fishing grounds! Stripers started surfacing in pursuit of shad as soon as the sun started to rise. There was plenty of opportunity to catch fish around Hole 33 all morning. The birds did their job well today by keeping us informed of where each boil would appear. I fished with hardware today, using a small 3/4 oz. metal jig made by Revenge Baits. It looks like a shad body with a treble hook as the tail. The lure was used successfully three different ways: cast and retrieve through stripers feeding on the surface, jigged deep after stripers left the surface, and trolled through suspended fish with the electric trolling motor. We ended up with nineteen nice, healthy, but small stripers (1-2 lbs.) many of which were spitting out very small (1 inch) shad on the deck of the Baysport.

There were only three other boats sharing the entire area with us this morning. The Hole 33 area provided some shelter from the wind and chop that was occurring out in Las Vegas Bay. The continued appearance of stripers on the surface kept our interest until we headed back to the marina at 9am. The ride in was wet and exciting! What a great day to be on the water!
BaySport
[signature]
Great report, Baysport! Can't wait till my 9 day fishing trip in mid-October. I'll be at Temple Bar. Just countin' the days now.

Best regards,

Paul
[signature]