Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Somewhere Along the Kankakee...
Today, the pressure of not going was too great, so I decided I needed an hour away from the hustle and bustle of the urban sprawl.

Headed down to one of my haunts along the Kankakee where I knew there'd be some quality slop to fish...noticed there were trails in the slop where someone else had fished the area I went to, but fortunately, it appeared to me that they really didn't know what was below the slop they were casting on top of because of where their trails were.

Bottom line, it was a great hour of fishing and observing nature...caught one small bass around 15 inches on a Sizmic Toad T-rigged weightless with a 5/0 Eagle Claw annodized green wide-gap hook, using 30lb. test Stealth on a 6.5 foot medium heave baitcasting rod with a Shimano Citica 200D reel.

Nature Notes: The swamp mallows and cardinal flowers are still in bloom and joining them was some evening primrose and the chokeweed is in bloom too; got very close to several herons today, wish I had remembered the camera; saw a couple muskrats, a beaver, and a very interesting thing I had never witnessed before...3 goldfinches landed on top of the duckweed, and because they're so light they didn't sink of course...one of them walked over to a tiny opening in the slop to get a drink of water and with a resounding explosion of water, duckweed and fish the tiny bird disappeared, never to be seen again.

...all in all, another great time had by me down by the Kankakee!

[signature]
Fish sounds like a great place to go fishing [cool]
[signature]
Glad you made it over Lip, now you'll have to post some fishing reports of your own here...

...and you not only fish in Indiana, but othere states too!

Welcome to BigFishTackle.com!!!
[signature]