Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
gorge last week
My friend with the c-dory is a guide out of lucerne bay. He had a day with out clients and wanted to pre fish for the macs so we went up for a afternoon. We made 6 trolling runs and hooked up 5 times. 34 inches to 39 inches. The 39er weighed just under 30 lbs. I hope I can attach some pictures.
[signature]
Some nice fish .Thanks for sharing . One of these days I'll have to give it a shot .
[signature]
big fish and big Smiles. very nice. thanx for showing us.
[signature]
so how long were you fishing??? the pics really impressed my wife how much does your friend charge for a day of fishing, I may have talked her into taking a trip up there sometime in the next few weeks
[signature]
Did you or Steve keep any?
[signature]
Nice fish! I'll bet they were sure fun to catch. Thanks for the report.
[signature]
Nice fish! [Smile]
[signature]
Point well taken, we did keep the 2 held by the gills. You noticed the biggest was held under the belly for a picture and was back in the water. Often, like the one in the water, we measure and unhook them in the water. They can be very dangerous, while in the water or boat, while unhooking them. Steve's had 2 hooked fingers while taking out hooks. He uses heavy pliers. He tells the client, they are welcome to keep their fish if they are going to mount them or eat them but if not, take a picture and turn it loose to live to eat some more kokes. He had a request for some mac steaks from a very important client in the community that he had taken a while back and only caught 2 in the 20 to 30 inch range. I I'm not a fish eater but I tried mac 2 different ways. And they are YUCKY, YUCKY, YUCKY. If we do eat fish it is white flesh, walleye, perch or wiper. I just love to catch fish. I think he is booked for the summer but you can call him. 801-572-2024. We had a good day that day and only fished from 12:30 to 3:30 and I had to leave. Some days we fish all day and only catch pups. That's fishing.
[signature]
Is that a Pro-Troll Sting King in frog color in it's mouth. ??? Now I know the secret lure!!!!
[signature]
It's not a Pro-Troll Sting King. I've never even heard of such a lure.
[signature]
What is the magic lure in it's mouth.?? Nice fish by the way, Great pics.
[signature]
Isn't that Pro-troll thing some kind of spoon or lure that sends out electrical impulses or has some kind of electronic chip in it? Seems like I saw one somewhere.
[signature]
Great pictures, and terrific fish!
Congratulations!
[signature]
[Wink] Do you go out to the gorge for just Lake Trout?
I have been out there three times and going once more over labor day. Do you know where they are catching the most Kokanees. We went over to the Red Balls on the Utah side between Linwood Bay and Horse show Island and wee hooked six kokes five or six lake's and a couple bows in about three hours. The kokanee fishing has been slow but they were big last week. Two years ago we went there and limited out in about 45 minutes. Last year they were at anvil draw and we did well there too. But we have not found them this year.
[signature]
Slow yeaar for kokes. You did well on the kokes dont't complain. Good luck
[signature]
We have been out with Steve. He makes the lures himself in a frog pattern. I think if you are going to eat the fish then there is no reason to keep 1. We keep about 1 a year and enjoy it alot.
[signature]
[cool]Looks like a big 'ol flatfish or quickfish to me... If I was trolling for macs and had a downrigger, that's the lure I'd use. However, I'm gonna learn that jigging technique up there someday. Gotta get there first...
[signature]