Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scofield 8/26
Got out huntin and fishin up there yesterday. Started an hour before first light up in the mountains west of the 'Field looking for a nice Muley next to a CWMU unit. What a mistake. Messed up the left knee pushing a quakie patch to my little brother. [Sad] [pirate] Stupid, stupid, stupid injury. I shoulda been looking for anything I could fall over. And for what? 7 cow elk and 2 big bulls. Hopefully it's nothing major like the last time I went down. I've got 6 hunts I've gotta go on this year, along with another vacation next weekend.

After that fiasco I thought about just going home and bagging the fishing with my parents. But I decided against it. Got there and started fishing with them. My mom and dad did good, again. My mom scored the biggie with a 4#, 20" rainbow. They both got 5 or 6 for the day. My brothers both got 2 or 3. Heck, even my little bro's girlfriend got 1. Me? I scored a big fat 0. Then, just to add insult to injury, I broke the tip off my rod in the rocks when I stumbled.[mad] Stupid knees. Never shoulda ran track.

Worst day in the outdoors I've had in a long, long time, by far. Hopefully Oregon will be better next weekend. Should be. I've always got the hot hand up there at least.
[signature]
Sorry to hear about your knee. I hope it isn't too serious. I'd be willing to bet you don't want to rehab another ACL! Especially this time of the year! Was it the same knee you blew out last time?

Good luck on your Oregon trip. Take some cool pics for us.
[signature]
It was the other knee this time. I've gotta go in tomorrow to see whats up. I hope it isn't another ACL. My knee I had done still hurts from time to time. Nothing that'll keep me from hunting right now, though.

I'm hoping Oregon's going to be good this time. Hopefully I can lay hands on some nice big fishies for some pictures!
[signature]
Those outdoors adventures that go wrong are the ones we allway remember!Makes the good times seem better[Smile]
[signature]
Sorry about the knee!
[signature]
dude bag the hunting get a rubber sute and stick to fishing [sly]

well i hope everything turns out OK for ya on the knee dude!
[signature]
All went well. Slight strain, a little swelling, but it's still good. I'm happy it wasn't like last time.

Well, I'm out the door to Oregon. Talk to y'all later! Jerry
[signature]
Bummer about you fall. I burned the top of my right foot on an elk hunt behind causey reservoir 3 years ago. I spilled 16 oz. of boiling water on my bare foot in the tent. Had to hike out the next morning with a 60# pack and 3 1/2 miles out.[pirate] One of the worst experiences i have had like that. All the skin on my foot peeled off on that hike.[crazy] You would be amazed at how much duct tape helped out though! It was bad but could have been much worse.
[signature]