Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LBH 8-27-06
Well my son and my Sis hit LBH late in the afternoon 3pm. Nothing but one 4 in. whitey.

The only reason im posting this depressing post is there is a funny part to it..

My sis caught a 10 lb. ROCK !! A ROCK... go figure... that's not the half of it, she then caught another rock at 3 lbs. and 2 sticks.

HAHAHAHA[sly]

LBH has been really slow the past 3 weeks just to let ya all know.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]As I have been posting, the cats and many of the white bass have moved out into deeper water than they were in a couple of weeks ago. The water levels are dropping and so are the temps. There is also a water quality problem in some areas in the form of an algae bloom in the cooling waters. As that stuff dies off it removes oxygen from the water and fish move out of the area.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Right now, unless you can find some 5 foot deep water within casting range of shore, in the open lake, the fishing will be slower. In another month, that will reverse and you will find a lot of the fish moving inside the harbors again. It can be great for all species right through ice up.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I hope you didn't keep the "exotic" species you caught. Strictly C&R on rocks and sticks. You wouldn't wanna fillet or eat them anyway. Lots of "fiber" but not much taste or nutrition.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I got to get you out in a tube someday and show you how to REALLY catch those kitties.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
[font "Times New Roman"][#ff4040][size 3]I have caught numerous amounts of those "fish" out on UL. Like TD says those are strictly C&R.[Tongue][/size][/#ff4040][/font]
[signature]