Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
power pro 2
hey guys power pro just came out with a new color line phantom red and i was wondering if any of you guys knew where i could buy some because i cant find any on any website.
[signature]
They are just barely making it available at a few tackle stores. They made that in answer to the Cajun Red line making a type of spectra that is red too.[cool]
[signature]
I've been using the Cajun Red 6lb. test line for some time now - for my plastic worm fishing. I think it's superb! One of the complaints I always hear about Cajun Red is that it has a good deal of stretch - yes, it does have some stretch to it, and, I find this to be a plus! It prevents you from setting the hook too hard and, in a lot of situations when other lines would break the Cajun line simply stretches a little.

Don't get me wrong, Cajun Red isn't perfect, but in my book, it comes pretty close...I'm fishing the 6lb. test line in stump fields for bass and have had several bass get under the stumps, and wrap the line around stumps and still we managed to land every fish we've hooked on the line.
[signature]
The problem with Cajun Red that I ran into was that it has a lot of memory. I was always getting tangles while casting. But I'd love to give this new Power Pro a try!
[signature]
pretty much all of em have memory...that's easy enough to take care of - there's several line conditioners on the market...I use one that comes in a spray can that not only conditions the line, but lubricates the reel and keeps water out of unwanted areas too. There's also a KVD line and lure conditioner that I've used - you apply it to the spool of line, let it dry thoroughly, then reapply - when you reapply you don't have to wait for it to dry.
[signature]
I have some of the KVD stuff. The problem I have with this stuff is that it makes the line too stiff for my comfort zone. It wants to spring off the spool. I find that it works better as more of just a coating on the guides.
[signature]
I didn't have that problem with the KVD stuff at all...could it be the type of line you tried it with?
[signature]
Possibly. I'm thinking about using it on the braided lines though so it goes through the guides smoother.
[signature]
because I fish really heavy structure quite often, I use a lot of braids...definitely want to know how that turns out - I haven't tried putting a conditioner on a braid yet.
[signature]
I have been using the Cajun for awhile too. Recently I was able to sample the Cajun Braided line.

Look out Power Pro!!! You got something coming.[cool]
[signature]
Wow, now a braid? where'd you get it?
[signature]
I've heard that same quarrell with cajun red and with yo zuri hybrid both. However, i've yet to see the horrible memory factor in either lines.

I've been using 17 pound cajun on a smaller catfish/ light ocean rig and was amazed just how strong the line is. I recently (two days ago) purchased 40 pound to spool up my Penn 990 mag with to try out on sharks.

I'll let you know how it pans out.[cool]
[signature]
I purchased the Yozuri Hybrid Soft line last year. Very happy with that stuff! Unfortunately, that was on the reel that was stolen with my favorite rod earlier this year. I need to run up to Gander Mountain and get my new reel spooled with it.

I also had the same problem with memory on the 14 lb Sufix that I purchased. I'm still playing with brands and so far I've been happiest with Trilene XL but I'm beginning to really like the Gamma line.
[signature]