Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Beavers and Tubes the follow up
Back in May I asked the question if beavers would be a problem for someone in a tube at night. The answer people offered was probably not as long as you didn't have a wooden leg. Follow up time.

A couple of weeks ago I made my annual family trip to the Uintas with my tube. First night I had other things to do so I was off the water before dark. Shared the lake with the beavers but not after dark. Million bugs on the water and fish rising everywhere. Full moon and watched fish rising all night long.

Second day the wind started blowing and never stopped until after we left so no bugs on the water. No fish rising but I was going to fish in the dark anyways. Kicked out under the light of the full moon and started fishing. No fish, no beavers but lots of bats diving down and hitting my line and the end of the pole. If you weren't watching your line close hard to tell if you had a bite or just another hit from a bat.

Then in the moon light you could see something in the water. Looked a lot like the shark scenes from jaws coming at me. No shark just the beaver coming over to have a look. The smaller one would slap it's tale if you got to close but the bigger one could care less. It would swim between my brothers tube and mine when we were only ten feet apart.

I think the stupid carp at Utah lake are much worse then beavers. The beavers are smart enough to swim around you instead of trying to go through you like the carp.
[signature]
[#0000ff]Thanks for the update and analysis. Glad you had a good trip...without beaver bites. Man, that could ruin your whole trip.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Interesting analogy about the carp. I have had them run into my tube and also try to "rape" my black fins during the carp rut. On a couple of occasions I have nearly had to change my underwear after a big carp either jumped into my tube or so close as to splash water on me. They can be diabolical.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]The cats are on the prowl at LB now, if you wanna meet up down there sometime. Walleyes will be coming on strong pretty soon too.[/#0000ff]
[signature]