Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
spots
when do the spots usually run through the inlet? i know its around this time of year, thought maybe someone might know a little more.
[signature]
You're right on with the time of year, however, it's really a toss up as to exactly when they'll run through. I'll check back on my log and see when they were here last year and get back with you on that.

I remember last year, the spots started running and we put in at murrells inlet. Everyone around us was using bloodworms, and I had the synthetic version. It comes in long, skinny strips and you just cut off a little piece with sissors and bait the hook with it. We were the only ones catching fish. That stuff works amazing.
[signature]
Based on last year, the piers will start catching spots off and on, and I checked the fishing reports, and they are right now. They should be in the inlet thick with in the next week or two. When I hear something about them being caught consistantly, i'll make sure and post it on the site. I'll be there for the action as well.[cool]
[signature]
sounds good...please post when you do. i'm looking forward to taking my niece this year, i think she'll have a blast!
[signature]
I tried for spots yesterday, and didn't catch a single one. They might be a little later this year. I'd heard rumor of people catching a few here and there, but it might just be a crock.

I'm going to keep in touch with my bud down in Murrells Inlet, and when he tells me there are starting to see some spots come up, i'll make sure and give you a buzz. [cool]
[signature]