Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
willard 8/30
Well, it was a complete repeat of yesterday except for the fact that my cousin and i had our limits in 20 minutes of leaving the bouies!![Tongue] All in all we landed 26 wipers and all were within 100 yards of the bouies. BIG boils, 200-300 fish in some of them.
The dust began to whip up over farmington bay and we headed in. As soon as we pulled up to the cleaning station it hit with full force! The sign under the canopy was violently swinging and freaking out everybody there. Got out just in time, about 40 boats came in at once.[shocked] Got some cool pics of the sunset behind the dust. I'll post tomorrow, when Petty leaves me alone![sly][sly]

Here are the pics. The boat is the a-hole that was and has been doing 20+mph between the boats in the boils. I called Utahsteelheader last night but he was not on duty. The pic was in zoom mode but he was going too fast. He stayed that speed clear to the ramps![mad] Enjoy and if anybody sees him, get his bow numbers.
[signature]
[cool]Dang, man. You've really got into some nicer wiper boils this summer. Nice job out there!

Got a question though for you and everyone else that's fished Willard a lot the past month or two. Did the Walleye bite completely shut off? I know that when the temps get into the upper 70's to 80 or so that they kind of shut down, but I thought people would still be catching them in the deeper part of the lake. Guess it must be too hot there too, because I haven't heard of an 'eye being caught there since like June or early July...
[signature]
[font "Times New Roman"][#ff4040][size 3]Man oh man, your making me want to take a trip up to Willard. Looks like you have mastered the wiper boils. No kitties this time?[/size][/#ff4040][/font]
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]The walleyes feed at night, and they are glutting on the abundant baby shad. The usual scenario is that they get more active in the daytime after the first big cold front in September. Once the water temps drop below 65 a lot more fat wallies will be showing up on the ends of lines.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
O4T, no eyes since late june for me and heard of only 2 since then.

Kraizee, no cats this time, but we only fished for them for about 20 minutes right before we left. There was a nice feller at the cleaning station that had 5 nice ones. He was on the west side throwing cranks to the rocks between boils. If i wanted to target them i would set up on the rocks with bobbers and worms. Get up there soon, i don't know how much longer it will last. My days are numbered. Hunting season starts tomorrow, but i won't be hunting until the grouse and mz deer. Got about 3 weeks or so.
[signature]
There's the pics.
[signature]
I figured it was going to be good yesterday,you and nomoose had fast and furious action.work sucks,but pays for gas when I can go.
Great report,Thanks for sharing.
fnf[cool]
[signature]