Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
EVENTS
2-15-03

HIGGENS LAKE , ROSCOMMON , WINTERFEST !

FISHING DERBY , WINTER CACOEING , CHILI COOK-OFF , CROSS COUNTRY SKIING AND MORE (989)275-8760

BLACK LAKE STERGEONSHIVEREE , CHEBOYGAN , SNOWMOBILE DRAG RACES , 3 ON 3 HOCKEY CHILDRENS ACTIVITYS , SLEIGH RIDES , BEER TENT , SNOW SCHULPTURE CONTEST , SLED PARADE , PAINT BALL FEILD AND MORE ! $3.00 ADMITION (989) 733-7830

FROST BITE OPEN HARRISON , CLARE . 15TH ANNUAL OPEN (989)539-6011

outdoor rama , novi expo center , this is the big one ! feb 21-march 2 (800)-777-6720

kids ice fishing in petoskey 2-22 , 12 noon round lake nature preserve 231-347-0991

r.v. and camper show , port huron 3-15 - 3-16 at mc morran place

3-8 / 3-9 midwest fly fishing expo , southfeild civic center

grand center sport , fishing and travel show 3-20 thru 3-23 in grand rapids

r.v./ camper show , 3-28 -3-30 grand traverse county civic center ,traverse city

deer & turkey spetacular , lansing center , 3-28 thru 3-29

brown trout festival , alpena , 7-18 thru 7-27 , 1-800-4-alpena
[signature]
3-8/9-03

MIDWEST FLY FISHING EXPO , SOUTHFEILD CIVIC CENTER
[signature]
kids ice fishing contest saturday the 15th noon till 3pm on union lake, boat launch at cooley lake road and union lake road.
[signature]
Oh really!
My boy has been bugging me to take him out.
It has been to cold lately to take a 3 year old out, but for a fishing contest for kids, close to home for a couple of hours. that sounds great! Is there going to be anything there for the kids? Does it cost any thing?
[signature]
we will have free hot chocklate,

we are passing out 4-H materials (flyers)

we have prizes only kids can win.

prizes are going to be given out by lottery if no fish are caught. prizes are winners choice, whe have 2 new ice rods and reels and a crappie lure kit for the top 3 prizes.

there is a limited number of home made ice fishing kits available for projects if the kids want them. (they went like hot cakes a couple weeks ago at my ice fishing seminar in clarkston.) kids love stuff they can make and use.

the cost was 2.oo per kid or a maximum fee of 10.oo for a family of 5 kids or more. + the daly park sticker which is about 3-4 if they show up to collect it.

I dont know how many folks will be there, the dnr did not give me a permit so I cant advertise it.

get there early and I will drill your hole for you, I am expecting about 24 inches or ice tomarow morning.

It will be good to see you on the ice. I will have a propane heater that the kids can worm up with also.

I am looking to start up a youth fishing club here in walled lake / union lake. I have a ton of fishing educationla materials.

the forcasted temp for tomarow is a balmy 28* we are having a heat wave!
[signature]
Thanks for the Info !
I'll see you Saturday morning.
Do you plan on fishing right around the boat lunch area?
I haven't seen to many people fishing there like I have seen in the past. I would like to see the kids hook up with some of those nice walleyes or perch. I hope the weather will give us a break. If you need any help feel free to ask.
[signature]
I will be setting up on the boat launch, you can fish any where you want to.

I will be wairing camo and Big Fish Tackle logo.

I will also be chumming the area as well, most of the fishing going on there has been done across the lake where all the shanties are.

I hope the fishing is good too, I have seen years when no fish were caught.
[signature]
the Oakland County 4-H Ice Fishing contest went off with out a hich, or should I say fish.

starting out two of our huskiest youths atempt to drill a hole through a lake with a frozen crust of hard water 24 inches to be exact.

[Image: MESS6438CustomImage0775001.jpg] after about a half hour of drilling they decided to use the 3 horse eskimo power auger on lone from lakes community chest.[Image: MESS6438CustomImage0784226.jpg] holes drilled they found keeping their holes from re-freezing over a full time job. keeping their jigs a wiggling was a good way to handle the wind chill that droped down to zero. [Image: MESS6438CustomImage0757783.jpg]Even michigan's newest member "Stormy" came out and joined in the fun. unfortunatly no one caught a fish during the tournament, a late comer ventured on the ice as I was cleaning up after my event to make sure that the pond was cleaner than when I got there, (the golden rule) he decided to show me how it was done, not two minutes in the water he is pulling up perch after perch. [Image: MESS6438CustomImage0765076.jpg] Well some guys have all the luck [cool] even though he was late he was in time to catch the fish and did not go home empty handed, plenty of prizes to go around. the best prize was being out on the ice with his dad.
[signature]
3-7,3-8 , antique fishing lure show , u.s. 23-exit#17 in front of cabellas

3-7,3-8, flint steelheaders boat and fishing show , IMA sports areana , flint ,810-7321-1198

3-13 thru 3-16 sportfishing , boat , and travel show , lansing center 800-328-6550

march 20-23 sportfishing and travel show , grandrapids , 800-328-6550

3-21 to 3-23 traverse city sport show

3-28 to 3-30 sportsman show , thunderbayrecreational center , alpeana ,989-354-8403
[signature]
ice sail boats will be out on traverse bay this weekend , ice fishing for kids in petoskey , and novi's outdoorama ! get out there for some family fun !
[signature]
the noci event is a two weekend event. this and next. this sunday ted nugent will be there.

there will also be fishing in a bucket. pond stocked with trout. try you hand. I did last year, loads of fun. and more fish than you can shake a stick at.
[signature]