Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Last Day at LaSalle Before Closing for Waterfowl Season
crappiehunter an myself headed on down to LaSalle for a little fishing before they closed it down for the waterfowl season...it was a hard day's fishing, but we gave it our all.

conditions:
winds - NE6mph, gusting at times
air temp - 74 at its peak in the 60's when we started
barometer - 30.12
humidity - 80%
atmosphere - partially cloudy to overcast and hazy
water - clear for the most part, but some areas were slightly turbid and others were fairly muddy

crappiehunter had two rods rigged up - one with a clapper buzz bait and the other with a slug-o that he acquired from kickinbass; while I had 3 rods ready to go - one with a Kinami Tiki worm in chartreuse/white; one with a Cavitron Buzz Bait in chartreuse; and the other with a Little Lures Frog. Shortly after we arrived, I caught a nice fish on my buzz bait, then a couple more small ones on the Tiki Worm...then crappiehunter got into the groove and the game was on.
The water was the highest I've ever seen it, very few stumps were visible, in fact, we only got stuck once and we got into areas we never were able to get into before. It was a long day of fighting the wind, but it was a great day of fishing - between the two of us we ended the day with 19 bass total.

Here's a few pics I took today:
[Image: pads2BO.jpg]
this is close to where I caught my first good bass

[Image: Fish2BO.jpg]
here's one of mine...

[Image: Mike1BO.jpg]
here's crappiehunter and a couple nice bass

[Image: Fish1BO.jpg]
here's another one of mine

[Image: Slop8-31-06.jpg]
...some great looking slop
[Image: TothwithBassonFrog8-31-06.jpg]
...and the end result of fishing that slop (was testing out a new harness I created for this bait.)

Nature Notes: we saw lots of purple martins, great blue herons, white egret, canada geese, a coot, a doe and her fawn, terns, vultures and the wonderful blooms on the pads.

All in all, another great day had by myself down by the Kankakee!
[signature]