Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
banjo minnow
has anyone ever used these?? do they work? worth buying?
[signature]
My father gave me his kit after two years. I was determined to get a fish with this bait, seeing as he had gotten none. Took me four hours to get a bass while my buddy pulled in one after another. SAVE YOUR MONEY. Invest your money on the tried and true.
[signature]
yea i didn't think it was that good of a deal
[signature]
Friend of mine bought the kit...we had a morning outing together and by the time he got it rigged properly and tuned I think he had a few casts in and it was time to go...

My attitude is that if they need an infomercial to sell it, it's not a tried and true, honestly marketed bait...they're not trying to sell them to real fishermen, they're trying to sell them to the "occassional" fisherman, like a "secret weapon" type lure that will guarantee that the guy who only fishes once or twice a year will get quality fish. The catch of course is that most of the people who only go out once or twice a year don't know how to locate quality fish, so you know as well as I, that if you're not throwing a bait where there's any fish, you're simply not gonna get any.

Marketing hype is 90% of the selling feature of the banjo minnow...if it's too good to be true, it's too good to be true.
[signature]
i hear that. i was just wondering if it was any good because someone in my family asked me if i wanted it as a b-day present
[signature]
you want a "kit" for your birthday...ask for a BPS tube, or worm, or spinner kit...something that has value as a versitile fishing aid.
[signature]
I got two kits.... First cast in salt water I got a 5# GT. The baracuda and GT just love it. At the lake I've caught Peacock and Largemouth..... regularly.

Kind of expensive to get the kits. Wish I coluld just buy a single color and a single size insted of getting the whole assortment.

Aloha,
Stan
[signature]
I got the kit probably in 1997 or 1998 and I caught lots of largemouth and smallmouth bass with it, but it isn't any better than any other bass lures out there. You'll do just as well with a regular senko soft plastic stick bait, but it costs a lot less.

They do work well, and they look very realistic in the water for sure, but they are no 'majic' lure at all.
[signature]
[black][size 3]Hey fish a holic,[/size][/black]
[black][size 3][/size][/black]
[black][size 3]You wrote:[/size][/black]
[black][size 3]"... if they need an infomercial to sell it,..."[/size][/black]
[black][size 3]I'd just add to that.[/size][/black]
[black][size 3]They really do need to sell it - more than I need to buy it.[/size][/black]
[black][size 3]Infomercials are 30 seconds of BS torturously repeated for 30 minutes in the middle of the night to people whose minds are already numb with insomnia. [/size][/black]
[size 1][/size]
[signature]
Right on bro...we're on the same page [Wink]
[signature]
[reply]
[black][size 3]Infomercials are 30 seconds of BS torturously repeated for 30 minutes in the middle of the night to people whose minds are already numb with insomnia. [/size][/black]
[size 1][/size] [/reply]

Head On. Apply Directly to Your Forehead. ...Head On. Apply Directly to Your Forehead. ...Head On. Apply Directly to Your Forehead. ...

Working graveyard shifts and having a T.V. with only 5 channels will drive a man crazy. Informercials should be banned. I need to leave now, I have to go buy some Head On. [crazy]
[signature]
they definately need to be banned! the ones that drive me the most crazy are the ones on satelite and cable tv. i love turning to the outdoor channel, or oln, and finding infomercials. i pay to have outdoor programming on those channels! then the cable company gets paid to run someones commercial. seems wrong to me that they are getting paid twice... doesnt it?

as far as the banjo minnow goes- i agree that you can get a lot more useful tackle for that hard earned money!
[signature]
this lure is to catch fishermen, not fish[unsure]
[signature]
They spent about 2 years of infomercials with that product. It seemed too expensive at the time.

I found a kit on clearance at a local tackle shop for 5 bucks. I bought it, used it on many occasions and never could get a fish on it.

Senkos rule! The Senkos are my "Skunk" prevention measure.[cool]
[signature]
[font "Times New Roman"][#ff4040][size 3]I couldn't agree with you more! I work graves so on my days off I'm awake at night. I would like to watch outdoor programs in the middle of the night, not freakin infomercials.[/size][/#ff4040][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][#ff4040][size 3][/size][/#ff4040][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][#ff4040][size 3]And about the banjo minnow.... I would rather spend my money on lures and baits that I know for a fact will work.[/size][/#ff4040][/font]
[signature]
I got the banjo minnow kit as a christmas present about 6 years ago, I have tried it here and there over the years and have never caught a fish.
[signature]
I dont mind the banjo minnow kit in the right setting it can be a deadly combo. Kinda like matching the hatch to your flyhooks. Example if they are eating something simular to what your casting chances are your gonna catch. But to go out and buy a kit and special order it i dont think so.
But hey if a family member thinks they are good idea and buys you one well accept it and try it and at least catch one it. Those great memories last a lifetime.
I have a few fond BANjo memories in the old vault i would never wanna loose.
[signature]
Some years ago a buddy of mine got a kit from his wife as a gift and we were fishing together so he let me try one. Caought a bass the first cast and ended up with about fifteen fish for the day just walking the bank of a small cove. He didn't catch anything all day. Since then I have fished with them periodically and caught some nice fish. Hooked a few at a tournament a few months back. We ran into a school of bass busdting shad and it worked very well. My biggest fish on one so far hass been about 2 1/2 lbs on six pound test and a light spinnig rod. It was great. The thing is though, and there is no getting around this, all baits have there place and there is no one perfect bait. The fish will tell you what they want if you listen. Find out what the fish are eating and give it to them.
[signature]
The consesus here is right. I bought a kit about 10 years ago - never caught nothin'.
[signature]
I think those were designed to catch fishermen not fish.[pirate]
[signature]