Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The berry 9-2-06
Fished the berry today. Ran into HA69 at the marina at 6:00am and met up with Kentofnsl,Tincan fish and wiperslayer over at the ladders area. The berry is still excellent fishing if you get to the right depths. I had a great day boating over the slot cutts the biggest was 24.5" the others where 24", 23" and 22.5" plus had another over the slot cutt that broke off at the side of the boat while I was talking to the wife on the phone, I should of hung up on her and land the fish then explain to her later that I lost my signal. Besides the good size fish that was caught I ended up boating several dozen cutts but didn't catch any bows. Fished in 33' - 37' of water but only letting the jig down to 30' where they would come threw suspended. Stuck with a peral white jig and a pink peppered pearl tube jig all day. Kent and his crew caught their fair share also plus landing a few over the slot cutts.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][red][size 4] Mike , I am beginning to think that you might be the Berry Master. I have got to hook up with you soon.[/size][/red][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#ff0000][size 4][/size][/#ff0000][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#ff0000][size 4]AFDan52[/size][/#ff0000][/font]
[signature]
Any time you are ready I will take you. I plan on fishing bear lake instead of the berry once bearlake gets going. If we don't make it this fall I will take you out ice fishing. [shocked]
[signature]
Sounds like a great day on the berry!!Getting a newer snowmobile(something that will power thru the slush) this fall sometime,want to help me take it to Strawberry this winter?

MIKE
[signature]
I wouldn't turn down an offer to take a snowmobile across strawberry and get away from the crowds. Let me know when you are ready to go.
[signature]
got to wait for the ice[sly] I'll PM you
[signature]
You are da man Mike! Nice report!
[signature]
Nice report Mike, did you happen to note the water temperature up there? I'm within 30 days of final on our new house, so I've had to skip the late summer jig-fest at the Berry, but am looking forward to 10-15 trips in October (no deer tag to distract me from the good stuff).
[signature]
Nice job as usual Mike. What was the water temp at? -[Smile]
[signature]
Nice job Mike . You found some much bigger fish than I did . Most of my fish were caught in the weed beds in 15' or shallower water casting maniacs weightless . I did pick up one dink bow but most of my fish were in the slot to 20" . I did pick up a few nice cutts trolling at 30' with a flat fish before I left the ladders .
[signature]
Water temp was between 67 and 68 degrees. Won't be ice fishing in the next few weeks!
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][red][size 4] Hey randy, looks like you might be feeling a little better now, huh?[/size][/red][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#ff0000][size 4][/size][/#ff0000][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#ff0000][size 4]AFDan52[/size][/#ff0000][/font]
[signature]
Yes , I'm getting better . Not quite 100% yet but hopfully soon . For those looking for water temp on my finder was reading just over 64 *F .
[signature]