Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bear Lake reports?
Anyone been fishing the Bear, have the Macks got their appetite back? I will be fishing there on Monday, hope the Macks are in a fighting mood.
[signature]
BLM may very well have a report tomorrow night. It looked to me (from my house across the street) like he may have been jockeying his truck into position to drag the boat tomorrow. We'll see...
[signature]
Yeah he should be up there. He told me not rain, nor sleet, nor snow shall stop me from fishing, but the wind well thats another story. So I am sure hes up there today.
[signature]
Yep, he told me last night in a pm he was headed up. Cant wait to see his report[Smile]
[signature]
Thanks guys, I will watch for BLM's weekly family reunion post. That Mack family sure does have a lot of get togethers. Wish my family get togethers were as fun[Tongue].
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Well, I can't say the Mack Family Reunion was a rousing success but we had one show up. And wouldn't you know it! You go, planning on see your fellow Macks and a bunch of no good Cutthroats show up! Besides that, they just come and dump off all their kids! The nerve of some fishies.......[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Seriously, it wasn't a red hot day but we caught fish. Nothing big though. We fished off of Gus' Point for a while, jigging in about 85 ft but the fish were jig shy. The best way to get bites was to lay the rod down and watch the sonar. We did venture to the east side and the fishing did pick up but we only stayed there for about 2 hrs before heading back across and back to the marina.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]We saw Crestliner and his group. They were catching fish and did get one mack about 7 1/2 lbs. when we checked on them on our way back. They stayed out and may have picked a few up after we left. They were in shallower, fishing; from about 60 - 70 ft deep.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]We also saw the search effort being put forth by the State Parks Department and the UHP Rescue Divers. They were diving in about 80-90 ft of water straight out from Garden City. Those guys are earning every penny. We talked to one of the search and rescue guys at the state marina and got some details about the guy who drowned and what apparently happened.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]The guy was in a 14 Mirrocraft. He was jigging off Gus' Point and apparently the wind and waves really kicked up. He had no PFD on but there were PFDs on the boat. He was having troubles with his motor. The boat was capsized when it was found. The guy was an avid fisherman who had had a lot of experience on Bear Lake and was an experienced boater.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]The Search and Rescue have no idea where to look and are looking for a needle in a haystack. Next week a side finder ultra sensitive sonar outfit is coming up to find the body. The sonar is so sensitive that it can see fishing line and lures on the bottom of the lake and can see in 200 ft swaths. It is in Texas right now looking for Space Shuttle debris.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]SO BE CAREFUL AND DON'T GET COMPLACENT! WEAR THAT PFD, IT WILL SAVE YOUR LIFE! REMEMBER THAT THE TIME YOU REALLY NEED IT YOU CAN'T GET TO IT! SO DON"T FOOL YOURSELF INTO THINKING IT WILL NEVER BE YOU![/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]With the 34 degree average temp of the water you have less than 10 minutes before you are incapacitated. [/size][/font]
[signature]
We just got back from the Bear,fished the rockpile with the other 20 boats. We could only stay a few hours but the water was glass and the fish were hungry,we saw a few Macks in the 6-8# range and hooked a nice native cutt.26in.7# and several other cutts.We fished in 55-85ft.with tubes and cisco and all fish were realeased except 1 18in. cutt.I would say them lakers should really start to turn on the next week or so!!M.H.
[signature]