Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do you eat the tail?
When you deep fry a fish species like a crappie or a black sea bass, do you eat the crispy, deepfried tail? I just want to know if i'm the only weird'O out there that likes to nibble on the tail of deep fried fish. [Tongue]
[signature]
Eat the tail!?!?!? I don't even eat the fish!
[signature]
Yep, you called it. Your the only one I know that would do that.[crazy]
[signature]
[font "Times New Roman"][#ff4040][size 3]Your in luck...your not the only one. I do it sometimes. It's just like eating a potato chip that's fish flavor.[Wink][/size][/#ff4040][/font]
[signature]
I'll go with the "that's weird", what else do you eat from the fish?[unsure]

So when you mean deep fried tail, are you actually deep frying the tail by itself. Or the whole cleaned fish. When I think crappie or seabass, I think fillets and discard everything else. Boy would you be eating like a king if you collected all the tails at the Brownlee Reservoir fish cleaning station.[Wink]
[signature]
LOL, no sir, I don't collect the tails. I usually just head, gut, and scale crappie or sea bass; so the tail is still attached.

It's just like previously mentioned though, kinda like a "fishy" potatoe chip. I bet if you tried it, you'd like it. I don't actually eat the whole tail, I just nibble on the crispy end. It really ain't bad guys, I swear.[cool]
[signature]
Here in Minnesota we are on a no fishtail diet.[Smile] Or at least I am.
[signature]
Yikes! I not only think that's weird, I am inclined to believe there just may be some pathology associated with doing that. They probably have a medication out now that will prevent one from craving and eating fish tails. Works for dirt and burned match heads, too.

j/k of course. I don't eat the tail, but I have eaten the head of a deep fried shrimp in a sushi restaurant--not bad at all.
[signature]
As long as it is deep fried and extra crispy. They make some mighty fine nibblings.[cool]
[signature]
LOL, I'm surprised that I haven't got more responses like that. It is kinda weird. But, it's like tubn2 says, it's good for nibbling, but I wouldn't want a plate full of fried fish tails either. [Tongue]

Kinda like deep fried fat back, it goes good in small quanities with BBQ and collard greens, but I wouldn't want a plate full of them. [cool]
[signature]
the only tail I eat are shrimp and turtle.

my dog snatches the fish tails before the fish ever get cleaned.
[signature]
The tails one of the best parts of a panfish, like posted before itslike a fish flavored tater chip. Maybe its just a down south thing.
[signature]
HAHAHA, Tarp have you lost you're danged on mind?!?!?! I'll admit crappie is good eatin' but tail?? NEVER!!! hahaha your wild man..
[signature]
[Wink] Don't knock it 'till you rock it. [Tongue] Next time you deep fry you're favorite pan fish, give the end of the tail a little nibble, you'll be surprised. Now, i'm not talking about chomping down on the whole tail, LOL. Just the crispy end. It's really tastey, I promise. [Smile]
[signature]
I eat the tail, just like chips. We used to catch blue gill, gut, put in a 5 gallon pail of water and use a paint stirring paddle to knock off scales and eyes. Then the whole fish got beer batter and hot oil. Just eat it off the bone, Yummy in my Tummy. Tails were always eaten.
[signature]
Now that's what I'm talking about. Just the nibbly part.

Finally the East Coast and West Coast can agree![cool]
[signature]
if ya count smelt you can count in the north coast as well,

here in mittengan we eat smelt, the only part we cut off is the heads right behind the gills with a pair of sisors and we gully them, we eat every thing else, including the flippers the fins the tail and yes the scales....

hey, when are they going to come out with fried green tomato chips? they got every thing else, or did I just spill another multi million dollar idea?[angelic]
[signature]
They already have them on the West Coast. You can get the Fried Green Tomatoe and Basil with the Anchovy or Sardine flavor already in them.[cool]
[signature]
[cool] you are so right about eating the tail on redears,bluegill, and crappie. yumyum!!! my brothers and i were taught to eat the tail by our grandfather.
[signature]
When I first read that I didn't know if you were serious...fish tails. I don't know man, that's pretty strange but I've had grasshoppers, mealworms, snails, chocolate covered ants, cow Tongue, etc. Something like a fish tail just doesn't seem right but now I'll have to try it.
[signature]