Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Arrow Glass?
Just bought a boat (1st for us) a 15' Arrow Glass- cougar 1974.
Good shape, needs water pump, have it in the shop now. My question is I can't seem to find any information on it. Anyone know about this boat or where (site) to look at? It has a 80 or 85 horse motor, Evinrude (spelling might be wrong) any info on this?
Thanks for your help!
[signature]
I've never heard of that particular brand of boat before. It's a good chance that it's a branch name of an original company. Kind of like Aqua Sport makes an Osprey model boat or Polar Craft makes the Bass America series boats. With that said, and considering the age of the boat, i'd be willing to bet you may not be able to find info on that boat, unless you stumble accross someone that has had one in the past or has one now.

What type hull does the boat have? I'd be willing to bet it's an old fiberglass tri hull, like the Glassmaster boats of the past years. Those were good boats and are very stable in the water. The only down fall is they are heavy. I'm pretty sure you didn't get the boat to be a speed demon anyways.
[signature]
it took awhile but i found some info.
the first three letters in the hull stamp should be ELD
from the NADA Guides the boat itself is worth $820-$880

the company that made it was the Arrow Glass Boat & MFG. Corp. out of Arizona.they went out of buisness in 1995

another name to look up info would be Arrow Glass/GMI

this is all i found so far hope it helps
[signature]
Vinny hope you are still out there. Arrow Glass was a mfg in Memphis and made quality boats.

I have a 1975 brochure that shows the Cougar. There are several active website on these.

Send response or pm me. tboltmike@yahoo.com
[signature]