Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
last dove hunt for 2006
I had about an hour and a half to spend one more night dove hunting for the season so i took my boy and went to my spot. On the way down the dirt road we jumped a pair and they only flew 100 yards and landed again. I drove as close as possible and got out. They jumped and i fired once dropping both of them! Awesome I thought![Smile] Drove another 100 yards and jumped two groups of three. They all went west and out of sight. Got to the place i sit and got out. A strong northerly began to blow and the doves came with it. All out of range except for a pair wich i dropped both with 3 shots. I could not find one of them.[mad] The last five minutes i saw probably 30 doves flying hard and fast south. I think it is getting cold enough the doves are going to be gone in a week or so. It was a good night to end it on though.[cool] Grouse hunting starts monday for me. Then on to bigger game in 3 weeks or so. Anybody have any use for some dove feathers? Or duck feathers for that matter. I will have a ton in a month. Pm me if interested.
Here is a pic of my buddies dove he shot wednesday, and a pic of tonight's bag.
[signature]
[font "Times New Roman"][#ff4040][size 3]Great work LH2. Looks like you had quite the time dove hutning this year. I only got out once so far this year. I hope I can get some more while I'm out chasing chukars next weekend. Good luck on the grouse hunting, never really been into grouse for some reason.[/size][/#ff4040][/font]
[signature]
Sounds like a decent evening hunting. Wish I could have made it out as well.
[signature]
LH2 you may want to post about your feathers on the fly fishing board. I myself have chickens and there are more than enough feathers around for me. I hope to get into making some jigs. Sounds like you have been doing a great job on the doves.
[signature]
Brandon, i wish you could have made it. Another gun would have been nice to get the ones that i was too far away from. Priorities prevail.[cool]
John, thanks for the idea. I will post it next week. The only problem is people will ask for wood duck feathers and i will have to tell them no. I have only killed 3 in my life and they are getting mounted. Maybe i will get lucky again this year.[cool]
[signature]