Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
thames river 9-9,fishers island sound 9-10-06
sat.we were supose to go out on the boat,but the capt.had alittle too much fun on fri.nite and couldn't get out of bed.so i headed down to dock rd in waterford for some snapper blues,i should have brought the boat because all the action was in the middle of the river,only ended up with one at 7 inches
today,sunday we made it out,headed over to the north side of fishers island by the ferry landing,where we have had great luck this year.our luck continued,the drift was from east to west and we were about 400 yds off shore,started with some small porgies,sea bass.then found some small fluke.on the second drift is when we ran into some keeper porgies one at 15.5 inches and a couple at 14.on the third drift the porgies disappeared and the fluke showed up most were small ,but we managed 2 keepers one at 18 inched and one at 23 that weighed 5.2 lbs.this is it for the fluke in new york for us,the season closes the 12
[inline Sep10359.JPG]
[signature]
Glad to see you got some fluke before the season was out. I'm going to try to take Pops out at the end of the month for stripers. See what happens.
[signature]