Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scofield 9/7-9/8
Fishing was real good when the weather cooperated, can't handle the lightning. Caught alot and released small ones, most were on triple teasers or needlefish. Did manage a few 3#'s on shiners. There was quite an algae bloom, so had to fish the edges.
I'm assuming you were trolling? Sounds like a productive trip. I'll bet with the cooler weather, the algae will be settling down soon. Thanks for the report.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 4] [red]I understand that Scofield has some very Big fish in there. Sounds like a place that I might need to check out.[/red][/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][#ff0000][size 4]AFDan52[/size][/#ff0000][/font]
[signature]
scofield has some very nice fish in it.. i seen one a year or two ago that came out of there that was 28" and close to 9 lbs.. realy nice fish! there is a lot of 3 and 4 lbs fish in there as well.. it does grow some very nice fish..

the algae bloom might be the lake getting ready to turn over.. it is not very deep and the temp's have been droping low there.. good sign that ice season is not that far away!! [sly]
[signature]
Anyone have any luck down there for Tiger Trout?
[signature]
Scofield has some very large fish in it. About four years ago now I walked down and popped a 10# rainbow from the mountain view side. That was a big fishy. Not a lot like that, though. My family's also popped some 6-7# rainys and cutts, and a lot from 3-5#'s. The key is, despite what the reports say, is DO NOT TROLL! I've had enough boaters have their jaws drop at our fish to know they aren't catching quality fish like the shore anglers are.

As to the tiger trout, they are showing up somewhat. Last time I was there we caught a couple, and saw a lot swirling on minnows about 10' out. Most are 12-15", but my dad had one that was an honest 22"er. Give it time and they'll be monsters.
[signature]
The larger bows were all caught still fishing out near the island, with shiners, in 22 feet of water. When the wind came up we couldn't hold the boat still enough, we would troll. We did manage one 19" tiger which was released. Going to try again when it gets a little colder.