Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lake Powell 09-11-15-2006
Took the Wife and joined two other couples and headed out to lake Powell for a few days of R&R and some fishing and Site seeing.

We took the house boat and went South to Slick rock Canyon and found a great place to park the boat and toys.

Over the next few days between the site seeing and PWC fun I did some fishing. I found a nice sheltered cove along a steep wall and marked alot of fish. I tried at first to jig them up with some wally lures and kastmasters but notta!

I then went to a 1/0 circle hook and put a piece of chovie on and let it drift down with the chum and POW. The fishin turned on. Myself and two others got in their faces!

Over the next 45 minutes we filled up the cooler that we had and then some. The stripers were pretty skinny and not alot of meat on them. however after all was said and done brought home a pretty nice sack of fillets for some nice meals.
[inline mark2.jpg]

Had a great trip with the wife and she enjoyed herself while I was fishing! YES. Looking forward to going again.
[inline mark1.jpg]
Here are a few pics of some of the fish I caught.
[inline mark3.jpg]
[inline mark4.jpg]
We went out of Bullfrog. Water temps were from 77-80 from bullfrog to Rainbow bridge.

RILEYFISH
[signature]
thanks for the report mark. those fish look good
[signature]
did you see any boils? Did you fish for anything besides stripers?
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][red][size 4] Hi Mark, man you sure picked a sweet spot to go fish'in, glad that the wife had a good time also. They need time out too, good for you .Thanks for sharing your pictures.[/size][/red][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#ff0000][size 4][/size][/#ff0000][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#ff0000][size 4]AFDan52[/size][/#ff0000][/font]
[signature]
Trollboy8,

Fished for whisker fish from the house boat at night and did good for them. nothing of any size. Did not go after bass. Caught a few small bass while fishing for stripers but threw them back
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Great report. If a guy doesn't get out as often as he would like, he might as well do it up right.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
[unsure] Sorry, No boils either trollboy8
[signature]
My dad and I are planning a trip down sometime in the next few weeks, but we are watching the weather and looking for reports of boils. If we are going to spend that much for gas, we want to try to get there at the best time possible. Thanks for the report!
[signature]
You need to get a job!!! Way too much fun for you this summer!

Nice report, when is dinner?
[signature]