Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
wixom panther is no more
last spring a cougar was spoted on hagarty and maple rd,

to day a black panther was spotted on bogie lake road, that is south off of M-59.

the home that was once the home of this majestic cat for 20 years lived in the woods between wixom rd and old plank rd, in the last 5-6 years after the devevelopment of a new golf corse the deer population that once feed the felion in those 3 square miles of wild now have moved on or starved. end result the cat is now seeking a more stable hunting ground.

will the endangered cat move north east west? that is any ones guess, the whole regeon is being developed all the way around him at an astonishing rate.

by the way, this is not a hoax, the devil cat was caught not by photo it was a home vidio tape....

I wish the cat best of luck in finding a new home, at times I know how he feels....
[signature]
He probably went to Millford [crazy] !
I can remember seeing coyotes, pheasents, rabbits and deer , yes deer in detroit down by tiger stadium ( Hmm , there's a spot he might have gone to , Tiger stadium[crazy]) .

I went hunting bushey tailed tree chichens yesterday , filled my daily quota in no time flat . The first thing that cought my attention besides the grouse that nearley made me want to drop a load in my britches was some bear tracks , big bear tracks .
Yea , thought about running across that bear or the couple of cougars that are roaming about around here , I kept an extra eye out behind myself , just in case.
I didn't see the cougars but cought a glimps of the bear , all 300 pounds of it . It was a little bit on the old side , some grey hair stood out on its pelt .

Three deer saw me before I saw them ,however I did manage to sit still when I saw some movement coming thru a thicket . It was an antlerles deer about a year and a half old feeding on the small plants . It came within twenty feet of me .
Yea , I carefully brought out the camera ready to snap a video clip of it but didn't have my extra pair of eyes on , I must have not hit the start button hard enough , the camera was still blank when I went to download the clip .

I picked a whole bag of bread mushrooms in the parking area of the hunting grounds , they should do well in the stock I'll use for the squirlle stew .

One thing I would like to warn everyone thats going out to the woods this fall , ticks !
I haven't seen this many of them in quite a few years , like the grouse it must be the high time of the cycle for them .

Well I'm hoping to get some local fishing in during the week , just about every fish species is throwing on the fall feed bag . Fishing is really good in my area , pike and muskey are becoming pretty active in the rivers , Gills , crappie and smallies are hammering just about everything you toss out on the lakes .
Fishing or hunting is the thing I have to ask myself every day after work , sometimes I just don't know which I'll do untill the jeep stops where it thinks we should go .
So far I can't complain about the jeeps choise in destinations .
[signature]
I put my boat in the back today, cusssin all the way, didnt get to use it but once this year, [mad]

I will probabaly get it turned upside down on the traler befor the weekend for the winter. [Sad]

I am kind of dismayed this year, I only caught and released one master angler sized fish and didnt get to turn it in for a patch. and now I am putting my stuff away.... and I still have a month of solid fishing season ahead of me?....

I will have to get out to see if I can find me one of them albino mellons, temps have been cold enough, I wonder if they are still growning in my old stomping grounds. We are suspost to have a cold rain this weekend, so that might be a good time to go, we just had a worm rain yesterday and last night.

I had the furnes inspected the other day and let it run for a couple hours so it will be ready in the next month or two when the snow starts to fly.

Pumpkins are crimson orange on the vine, I picked the last of my sweet corn I plan on harvesting this year. Home made creem style corn for turkey day,,,MMM MMM MMM.... Home made pumpkin pie...MMM MMM MMM.... Fresh Ground Butter Ball Turkey burger and stove top stuffin... MMM MMM MMM.... mashed tater and gravy thick enough to slice with a knife... and cran berry sause streight out of the can,.. MMM MMM MMM.... Green Beans Grandma style, cooked with smoked bacon.... MMM MMM MMM.... Sure do mis grandma's down on the farm home cookin, miss grandma too....
[signature]
My boat will be out a couple more times this year , I hope .
All rigged up for river fishing the salmon waters because I'm tired of the elbow to elbow fishing as we get closer to October .
Time to find one of those secluded little known streams to fish for them I guess .
Pumpkins are being harvested right now , sweet corn is all but gone , nothing but feed corn remains standing in the feilds .
Been practicing with the bow a bit, don't think my arm will ever recover from being smashed a few years ago , hurts something feirce after a dozen shots or so .As long as I can pull the string back I'll keep flinging arrows .
Godda load up on the trout soon , and some eyes , nothing like some fried fish when sitting down in front of the boob tube in the evening when the snow starts flying .
[signature]