Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Monster Cat Caught Today!
Not a State Record fish, but still a monster in my book...Caught today on the Ohio River near Cannelton a giant flathead catfish was taken that weighed in at 72lbs, 8oz. it was weighed on a certified scale at a Krogers Grocery Store.

I'll post a picture as soon as one is available.
[signature]
Very nice.. But what on earth are you going to do with 72 pounds of catfish??
[signature]
When they caught the fish they thought they may have had a new State Record, so they took it to be weighed at a certified scale...after determining that it was not in fact a new State Record fish, it was taken back to where it was caught and released unharmed.
[signature]
Ok,

Consider me clueless, but how do you manage to keep the catfish alive that long?? I can see transporting him in a live well, but oxygen?? Maybe I'm just tired and stunned at the size..

Anyway, may go fishing alone in the morning, but that's pretty far down on my list of fun things to do.. .. ..
[signature]
if you ice down a fish you can slow its metabolism down ...but I really don't know how they kept it alive.

fishing...man I gotta work tomorrow and I'm dying to go - wanna take my place so I can go instead?[Wink]
[signature]
I don't think so, but thanks for the offer.. If I don't go fishing I'll have to go to a company picnic that I really don't want to go to Smile
[signature]
well let me know how the fishin' goes...Have a great day!
[signature]