Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fall Mack Days is upon us!!!
This will be my first Mack Days tournament and boy am I excited. I am also willing to captain if your willing to show a rookie a trick or two... I have a 18' Weldcraft Renegade, downriggers, finder, anchors...the works

I have been scouting the North end of the Lake the last two weekends and have a couple spots picked out to start, but experience usually reins supreme in these type of month long events.

So don't be bashful and bark up if you'd like to go FISHIN'!!!
[signature]
Boy I'm surprised no one has taken me up on the boat ride....

Oh well. I got a half day in on Saturday and caught 5 lakers, 1 whitefish and a bull trout(first one ever). Not too bad for a half day of fishing.

Big fish so far is a 36.5 inch/19.8 pounder(average winner for fall is a fish just over 24lbs)

Small fish is 7.5inches (one of mine was just at 10, darn this can get you a quick $250.00!)

Good Fishing!
[signature]
Weather is looking good for another productive weekend on Flathead. If you are interested in fishing in the "Mack Days" tournament I have an open seat on Saturday, let me know....
[signature]
The mud line or "Seam" is a great place to fish in the Spring and even into the early summer but the Mack's move out of there in the fall and move to rocky bottom areas to spawn. I have tried along the edge of the delta where you can consistantly catch fish just not big numbers this time of year...

thanks for the heads up though!!!
[signature]
Just and Update:

This weekend produced 1231 fish which is almost 200 more than last weekend. Mixed bag for all more fish appear to be caught trolling than jigging this year, but that could change in the next two weekends.

I fished Saturday and Sunday and caught 6 and 2 respectively. Weather changed all over the board on Sunday and I couldn't find the little buggers to save my life....

can't wait for next weekend...
[signature]
This year late summer and early fall saw quite the Perch run in Big Arm. People were catching 2-3lb Perch! That's a substantial Perch...

Whitefish were in there in late July also...
[signature]
You have posted multiple times, and I'm puzzled as to why you don't sign up and use a moniker everyone can recognize you by...

...I appreciate what you have to contribute and I'm sure others do also...
[signature]
Well I slacked off and missed last weekend cause the fish'n' got WAY BETTER! My family and I caught 36 Macks the weekend of the 14th and 15th of Oct. and my kids moved up the ranks to 3rd and 4th place. My fishing hasn't landed me in the running at all but I have enjoyed the experience and learned a great deal about catching the little buggers.

The final day has come and gone and I will post the final standings when they are official...

Side note: My Kids ended up tied for 3rd place (4yr old son and 7yr old daughter) both got to pick out fishing gear and were happy as can be with their prizes. They have also started planning for the 2007 Spring Mack Days. Myself, I won the "Captains Prize" category for $250.00...boy was I suprised! But now I get my GPS and other new crud for the boat. Not bad for my first "Mack Days" derby!
[signature]