Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This Week
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]Just wanted to share some great land scape and fish.[/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]I had the plaesure to guide for David from Cinn. this Tue. and Wed. at Falcon's Ledge and here is some of the fish he landed (by the way, new comer to FF and he did fantastic!)[/size][/black][/font]
[Image: FalconsLedgeSept2006007.jpg]
[Image: FalconsLedgeSept2006006.jpg]
[Image: FalconsLedgeSept2006003.jpg]
[Image: FalconsLedgeSept2006002.jpg]
[Image: FalconsLedgeSept2006009.jpg]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]To top off the trip, he landed this 25":[/size][/black][/font]
[Image: FalconsLedgeSept2006008.jpg]
[signature]
[center][font "Poor Richard"][green][size 5]Cool![/size][/green][/font][/center] [center][font "Poor Richard"][#008000][size 5]Nice bows.[/size][/#008000][/font][/center] [center][font "Poor Richard"][#008000][size 5]A job well done.[/size][/#008000][/font][/center]
[signature]
[black][size 3]Nice way for a newbie to get initiated to fly fishing ! [/size][/black]
[black][size 3][/size][/black]
[black][size 3]One of these days, I want to get up there to Falcon's Ledge. I almost did once - Some years ago, I was invited by some very nice gentleman at Orvis in SLC to join him, but was unable to go at that time. [/size][/black]
[black][size 3]I don't know much about that specific area, is it pretty much all private ? Or, Is there anyplace in that vicinity where a person could bring a couple of extremely well trained old and retired hound dogs for some hiking or camping ?[/size][/black]
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]There is State Camping over in Rock Creek, which is about a 45 minutes from the lodge. [/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]The Lodge is all private and a few stretches of Rock Creek along with sections of the Strawberry and Yellowstone.[/size][/black][/font]
[signature]
[black][size 3]Hey thanx Goddess ![/size][/black]
[black][size 3]I am familiar with the Rock Creek and Strawberry River area, but not up by Falcon's Ledge.[/size][/black]
[black][size 3]I usually try to avoid the State park campgrounds when I am with my hounds. My hounds are extremely well train(search and rescue) and well behaved, but, that unfortunately is not the case with other folks and their dogs. Both of mine are very large males - untrained alpha males and females in heat can pose kind of a challange that I find non-conducive to a good camping experience. Hence, I look for primitive areas(BLM or Forest Service land) where I can camp in relative seclusion with the hounds. [/size][/black]
[black][size 3]Do you know of any areas like that up there where I could check out ?[/size][/black]
[black][size 3]BTW - I know you are a guide up there now and I want to assure you that I am not looking to poach a fishing opportunity on private property up there. If I were to fish at Falcon's Ledge, I would pay to do so. [/size][/black]
[signature]
BTW - I know you are a guide up there now and I want to assure you that I am not looking to poach a fishing opportunity on private property up there. If I were to fish at Falcon's Ledge, I would pay to do so.

[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]That thought never occured to me. You seem like a straight up kinda guy. I never think the worse of anyone (which sometimes could be my first mistake) but growing up in Glenn's Ferry Idaho, everyone is your friend and neighbor.[/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3][/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]I will check around on some remote camping for you and let you know.[/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]Have a great day and TIGHT LINES![/size][/black][/font]
[signature]