Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Meat on the table!!
I just woke up and realised i have 2 bucks hanging in my tree![cool]
It all starterd when my friend landed back in SLC from a Kansas vacation and wanted to get out and try to fill his mz deer tag. Not having mine yet either it was a no brainer.
We headed up in to the hilly brush and began looking for deer. It was 2 hours before we even saw a doe. We drove around and finally saw a herd of about 30 deer with 3 bucks in it. I had to position my friend so the deer would run over him. The plan worked perfect except he did not see a single buck. I got back in the car and drove back over to his hiding spot, and as i got out of the car and started walking toward him, i saw the 2 biggest bucks only 50 yards away![shocked] I took a quick glance with the bino's and saw antlers on both. I picked the closer buck and he fell instantly with a shot to the front of the chest. He got back up and stumbled farther into the trees. My friend was still in his hiding spot as the other buck ran 80 yards in front of him and i yelled the second deer was a buck. He took a kneeling positon, fired and i heard the thwap of the bullet hit it's mark! It was getting dark and i headed down the hill to look for my buck. I asked if his deer was down, and he said yes. I got to where my buck had fallen the last time and he was no where to be found. I looked frantically with no luck. I then ran over to my friends deer and made sure it had only one hole. It did and he said the other deer ran up the hill with no problem so i went back to look again. I came to the lower side of the trees and in the grass lay my buck and the identical twin of my friends deer. How awesome to have it happen like that. We both hollared and had a "dude hug"(hands elbows and chests).
Being only his second deer and a bad experience with the first,(not a clean kill), and now dark, i made quick work of cleaning both deer. Took some photo's, a couple more chest slaps and the work began of getting both of them to the car.
They are not the huge manarch's we would have liked to shoot, but i ain't a trophy hunter and backstraps taste alot better than tag soup.[Wink] Maybe next year i will hold out for a booner....Probably not. Enjoy the pics.
[signature]
RIGHT ON MAN!!! glad to hear you got one...
[signature]
I'm sure happy.
[signature]
[font "Times New Roman"][#ff4040][size 3]Great work!!! Glad to see that both you and your buddy were successful on your ML hunt.[/size][/#ff4040][/font]
[signature]
Very nice! Congrats on filling 2 tags. They will be good eatin'!
[signature]
Congrats on a great hunt. All bucks are trophy's!
[signature]
Nice job! Nothing wrong with that at all.
[signature]