Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fishing the Kankakee in a stiff Northeast breeze
Mike and I went to LaSalle today...the wind was brutal but we stuck it out. This report will be short on my end, Mike can fill in the gaps (I've only had 1 hour's sleep and I'm fading fast).

Wind started out from the North East, but changed once or twice during the day. Started out overcast, to partially cloudy, to not a cloud in the sky. Water was gin clear.

Started off catchin' em in the pads, then a few on some shallow points and up against the reeds, but the best fish (for the most part) were caught in timber near the reeds. Total catch for the day was 29 bass, majority of the fish ran on the small side, but we did manage a few nice ones.

Thanks for wakin' me up at 5 this morning to go...I would have missed a great day of fishing with you and Katie, Mike...cold and windy but still a great day to be out on the water!
Here's some of the pics from today:

[Image: MikeBass3.jpg]

[Image: MikeBass2.jpg]

[Image: MikeBass1.jpg]

[Image: Fish4.jpg]

[Image: Fish2.jpg]

[Image: Fish1.jpg]

[Image: Fish3.jpg]

Nature Notes: today we saw a mink cross the road just before the boat launch, kingfishers, ducks, geese, coots, great blue heron, white egret, a red-tailed hawk, and the bald eagle.

...all in all, another great afternoon down by the Kankakee!

[signature]