Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dolphin Anyone
[center][font "Times New Roman"]Well, The rain held off till we got the boat out of the water,but the ocean could have been a little calmer.The good news is that the Port Canaveral waters are warming up,so we can expect the Cobes to show up,hopefully in numbers soon.[/font][/center] [center][font "Times New Roman"] Buoy line temps were still around 62 as we headed out this morning,even though the weather forcast was for worse conditons than we had.[/font][/center] [center][font "Times New Roman"] Pogies are back too!But you might want to throw your bait net instead of a pogy net due to the smaller size of the bait.Last thing anyone wants is to spend time removing gilled baits from the net.[/font][/center] [center][font "Times New Roman"] I had local Cocoa Beach Dentist Mark Moffitt with me today and we had Cobia on our agenda.We caught a nice Dolphin of about 15lbs early in the trip.I was trolling a live pogy with a red and black Cape Lookout Holographic duster in front.The fish really like that color too,because we had switched from green and yellow and even crystal flash with no action till the red and black hit the water.We did loose the next one at the gaff unfortunatley as it made a last ditch jump and threw the hook.[/font][/center] [center][font "Times New Roman"] Also had our share of sharks on the downrigger too. They really like those ribbon fish.[/font][/center] [center][font "Times New Roman"] We were fishing south east in 90ft.As the action slowed,I decided it was time to work our way closer to home since the forcast was for thunderstorms in the afternoon.[/font][/center] [center][font "Times New Roman"] Stopping at a wreck,we managed to boat 2 kings to about 10-12lbs.,and picked up a short Cobia off a ray in the same area. Water temp had gone up to 68f,o as I said before,be on the lookout for more brownies any day.Good Fishin and Tight Lines,C-Ya, Capt Bob [Image: Marks_Dolphin.JPG][/font][/center]
[signature]
fasinating report Capt. Bob,

I flunked geogriphy, what side of the pan handle are you on, I have a guy on the fort Meyers side of the pan who wants to here dolphin reports as soon as they come in,

he dosnt want emails from any one but me, so I send him any thing I think can help.

you may want to post this in your state forum further on down the page.

keep um coming in [cool]
[signature]
Dave, I'm not located in the Panhandle. I'm down in East Central Florida,50 min. east of Orlando.It's a little early for dolphin around here, but there have been some recent catches out in deep water,120+ .Thats out in and near the gulf stream where water temps are much warmer then nearshore.It was nice to find a couple this size in 90 ft.Nothing like the 63.25lb. one my client caught in May 2001,That fish was in 330ft, almost 40 miles NE of the Port.
[signature]