Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FLY SWAP
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]Now that we have our fearless leader tying, we need a swap! Maybe something for the fall (rivers and lakes). You guys up to this?[/size][/black][/font]
[signature]
Yep. The one I sponsored was great. We had 12 participants and the flies where awsome. Most people tied two or more. I would suggest winter flies. Since it is right around the corner, it would great to see what people come up with.

katghoti
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][red][size 3]I thought about the FALL thing after I posted DUH! YA! winter![/size][/red][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][red][size 3]Come on folks, we got a guy on the Tubing Site that wants to get into FLY Fishing so maybe tie one extra flie for him.[/size][/red][/font]
[signature]
[Tongue][font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3]Wow I am hardly up to the challenge of showing off any of my flies at this point. I know that the few that I have tied so far are suspose to represent but I am not sure anyone else would have a clue. But se la vie I'm game. Whats next?[/size][/green][/font]
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]I would like to approach this one more way. Have everyone that is in the swap, tie a couple extra. Make up a box and have a little contest for the newbies just breaking into fly fishing. What better gift then a box full of proven flies.[/size][/black][/font]
[signature]
[cool][font "Poor Richard"][size 3][green]Well I heard one pro tier say that it is not how pretty the fly looks [the fish don't look for pretty] but more so like what it is intended to represent. Well if that case so far mine are not too pretty. Here fishy, fishy. LOL[/green][/size][/font]
[signature]
Sounds good to me too. I have a silly pattern i think you will all like and be successful with. I need more details though. Dates and such.

BTW: I have a plethora of feathers and furr now. I have elk hide, deer hide, and a good assortment of birds. Send me a pm of what you would like, and a SASE. Pm me for my address.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][red][size 4]Lets run this for at least a month and see how many BITES we get.[/size][/red][/font]
[signature]
I will have to see what I am upto at in a months time. I gotta tie flys for our TU chapter's Fantasy Box raffle item and for a silent auction coming up at the end of November.

Never participated in a fly swap. Not sure how they are conducted.

Winter flys - sounds like a bunch of midges, sowbugs, scuds, and BWOs. I did just tye up a Couple dozen Ray Charles for a fishing trip that I ended up skipping out on.
[signature]
I'm in. I'll tie two flies, both work great on the Ogden in winter. Both are midge patterns, one for the bottom, the other for the middle to top of the water column. Let me know how many and I'll do it.

katghoti
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]katghoti, I was counting on you, THANK YOU! Scruffy, we wait and see how many people sign up and you will tie that many of one (or two if you want) flie, plus a couple extra for another contest maybe.[/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]Could be 5 to 20 (wouldn't that be cool). Think about it and let me know.[/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]Then through PM I will send you my address and you send it to me with a self address envelope or container included so I can send you one of everyone elses.[/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]katghoti, ties some fantastic flies as do some others on here, so how can you loose.[/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]I will also try to set up a photo gallery of all the flies.[/size][/black][/font]
[signature]
I was thinking of posting a fly swap on the Uah board. Like Dryrod, my newbie fly tieing skills aren't great, but they can only get better. I'm in on this jig. Sounds great. Thanks for your effort on our behalf.
[signature]
SWEET! welcome aboard Bioman.
[signature]
[Tongue]The whole idea sounds good to me. I have some good Rainbow Nymph's tied on the order of stuff we saw in the lakes and streams of the Pacific North west.

I just wonder how the heck we are going to do this, with you way over there, me down here and them others bein sommer's else.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][green][size 3]This will be cool trying all these different patterns.[/size][/green][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][green][size 3]Like I said I will PM you may address, pack up you flies, put them in either a box or an envelope. Weight that envelope or box with an emtpy one in it with the flies. Put that postage on that and the one inside with your address on it. When I get them I will divide all the flies and send it back to you.[/size][/green][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][green][size 3]Does that make sense?[/size][/green][/font]
[signature]
[Wink] Far out! A grab bag from Afar!

Yeah, that's good for me. Two is enough? or would more be better?
Whattaya say?
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]We have to wait to see how many enter, then you tie one for each, plus a couple extras. If you want to send two for each person, cool.[/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]I will be doing two.[/size][/black][/font]
[signature]
[Wink]Yes Ma'am, and now we are showing off with the "Miss Betty Boop at the Beach" avitar.
Great!
[signature]
[cool][font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3]Just couldn't remember the name of that character. Ah yes Betty Boop. Thanks for the clue Thudpucker. Did you know that Betty Boop rode with the Hells Angels?[/size][/green][/font]
[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=19072;]
[signature]
[cool]LOL, her next avitar will be showing some tattoos!
[signature]