Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The best 3.5hrs (Bullfrog)
After a long hard thought, (approximately 10 mins)...Wildcard, Red Cat, Debo (the newest member H&J Fishing), and I, decide to embark on another thrill filled night at Powell. Weather was great for about 4 hours. Red Cat and I had decided to fish the Marina, not the covered slips, and were asked to leave the marina as we had arrived. "No fishing", didn’t know that, thought you could fish it in the late evenings. After about 30 mins of looking around, we decided to fish the shallow areas around the marina and executive docks.

Fish were hitting at almost everything we'd cast out. Wildcard, being the frantic fisherman immediately threw his favorite crank bait and landed a great 8lb fighter. We followed right behind, all pulling in anywhere from 4lb - 10lb stripers. In short these fish are ferocious when they feed. From surface bait to jigs to bottom spoons, everything I had in my backpack was working. After about an hour of exercising our casting arms, we pulled in about 50 or so stripers and a few Crappies. The evening ended early with the rain moving in fast cutting our time down to 3.5 hours. Our final count was 213 stripers caught. We decided to head back home early. What a trip! The picture below is when Debo and I went to cleaning station with the first 2 coolers...got tired and didn't want to lay them all out. The lineup is Wildcard from the left, Red Cat, and Debo.
[Smile]
[signature]
That is some mighty fine catching, thanks for sharing.
[signature]
Nice fish guys. It sucks that they are so skinny doesn't it. I knocked the $%& out of them last month down there also and hardley any meat from so many fish. KEEP SAVIN THOSE SHAD!!!!!
[signature]
Thanks foe the report,nice looking fish.Got to get down there sometime
[signature]
You guys sure put the hurt on them! Sweet pics, and thanks for the report.
[signature]
Great report and welcome to the site. That is a lot of fish in a short amount of time. How long are the crappie?
[signature]
The Crappie ranged from about 10 - 13 inches. Really nice size. Would be a great pan fry.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Nice going. Welcome to our playroom and thanks for the report.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Too bad the fish are not as healthy as they were earlier in the year. Looks like the stripers are eating up all the groceries (shad) again.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Also good to see more crappies showing up. In the "olden days" people were filling coolers with them...up to 3 pounds.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
[black][size 3]Hey KeepCasting,[/size][/black]
[black][size 3][/size][/black]
[black][size 3]Welcome aboard ! Great report ![/size][/black]
[black][size 3][/size][/black]
[black][size 3]Oh Well, skinny fish is better than no fish - ain't it ? At least you guys got into some and got to have a great outing.[/size][/black]
[signature]
we just try to do what we do.
[signature]