Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Structure
How can I tell the type of structure that's under the water where I am fishing? What are the best "structures" to cast near or into?
[signature]
An Aqua view would help, but with out one look for old road beds that meet the water, stone walls that do the same, Riffraff from bridge supports,trees that have fallen in, even where the bottom may chnge from one form to another.Always look for something thats different or foreign in your body of water. All structures are worth a cast to, you never know where the fish might hang out.
[signature]
The previously mentioned advice couldn't be any better. No matter how big or small the structure is, and no matter what it is, it's always worth a cast. I've seen so many people float by small pieces of structure to get to the obvious stuff, never giving the smaller structure a second look. Rest assure, if you can see it, so can other anglers; and it's probably very heavily fished. I've caught soooooo many fish off of the small stuff that no one thinks will be holding fish. Boy, they couldn't be more wrong.

I spiral search new areas and of course I mark the larger obvious structure on my GPS, but as I roll around, I also mark the smaller stuff that no one pay attention to. I use this tactic in fresh and saltwater, and it pays off. Just the other week I was at a near shore reef and I watched as all the boats around me scrounged to catch a keeper black sea bass. I drifted out about 200 yards from the main reef and marked a very small rock on the bottom. I circled back around, anchored above it and started a chum bag. I nearly caught my limit on that tiny little rock. Trust, everything is worth a look.[cool]
[signature]