Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best Soft Plastics
What's the best brand and make of soft plastic? (i.e. YUM craw papi or Yamamoto Senko)
[signature]
I think we all have our faverite brands. Mines Maniaclures for worms, Yum for crawfish, sencos and Lakefork to fill in the rest I might need. Also make some of my own for saltwater.
[signature]
[black][size 3]For what ?[/size][/black]
[signature]
Bass...sorry
[signature]
I've always liked Strike King 3x plastics. Those will always work for me when nothing else will. Yum is good too. Pretty much any brand will work just depends on how you use it.[cool]
[signature]
Robo Worms for finnesse (drop shotting, split shotting) Senkos for spring and fall. And recently i've been using Yamamoto Twin Tail Hula grub on Reaction Innovations Screwed up ball heads
[signature]
I use fluke and berkley gulp.
[signature]
I don't know how I feel about the gulp's. Mine are falling apart very easily and they stink like crazy! Haven't caught anything on them yet either.
[signature]
[black][size 3]Hey a-workman,[/size][/black]
[black][size 3][/size][/black]
[black][size 3]Which Berkley gulp product do you have that is falling apart ?[/size][/black]
[black][size 3]I have the grubs, earthworms, wigglers and maggots and they all have held together pretty well. Maybe you got a bad batch or something ?[/size][/black]
[black][size 3]Anyway, what kind of bass fishing are you doing ? The type of fishing, the body of water, time of year, and weather can all influence the choice of plastics and presentation. [/size][/black]
[signature]
I use Berkly Powerbait worms, Zoom Flukes, and Berkley Gulp Minnows. The Berkley worms and minnows do stink pretty bad and the minnows are oily as all get out. The thing I hate about the Gulp minnows is that they are kind of hard to rig up without messing up the minnow.

829 and myself have got bass and even catfish on the Berkley Gulp Minnows. We caught them on Sugar Loaf Lake near Hackett, AR and also on Lee Creek Lake near Van Buren, AR. I will and I am sure 829 will test them out even more come next spring and summer.
[signature]
The berkley 6" nightcrawlers...I had three of them bascially break in half on saturday after 3-6 casts...I did much better on 5" Yamasenkos and YUM dingers.
[signature]
[black][size 3]I'm thinking you must have gotten a bad batch or something.[/size][/black]
[black][size 3]That said, you are correct, Senkos are really nice. I also like the YUM products too. [/size][/black]
[black][size 3]Have you tried Maniac Plastics yet ? I would recommend you check them out and give them a try. The guy that makes those is a local around these parts and is gaining quite a good clientelle base because of the quality of his stuff and how well it seems to work. I've use it and can also give it my thumbs up approval. [/size][/black]
[signature]
I won a couple maniac's from Dave in the football picks. I have not used them yet, what makes them so good? I like the leaf looking bait, but what is special about them? I see a lot of people here talk about them.
[signature]
His worms have the action of a senco, but last longer and are cheaper.
[signature]
I hate paying for yamamoto products, but I personally think they are worth it!
[signature]
yea theyre definitley worth the money.
I have only one thing to say....MEATHEADS!!!!

My other go-to plastic is a 7 inch ribbon tail red shad. I use a red cone weight and insert a small metal (not plastic) rattle in the tail. I've caught bass with this rig in every season, clear water or stained...never fails!

P.S. If you throw your plastics into lily pads, coat with Carolina Lunker Sauce and watch them slide right off the pads and into the small holes you're aiming at!
[signature]
The lure you won is his latest creation it is called a cutter bug. So far it has produced really well.

Here is the link to his site, [url "http://www.maniaccustomlures.com"]www.maniaccustomlures.com[/url] he has lots to chose from and best of all if you want a specific color he is pretty good to acomidate
[signature]
i use between Strike King 3x or Zoom soft plastics.
[signature]
What is better about the maniac lures?
We have some great colors, we can make a custom color for you that others don't have. Our stick baits catch more fish for your money. The Maniac minnow catches all species of fresh water fish and some salt water species. The new ice cut'r is wacking some very nice trout and panfish.
We have the best reaper style finnesse bait on the market, the Cut'r Bug has more action than other reaper or leech style baits, with a flutter action that drives bass nuts. Fish these baits on a split shot, drop shot or texas rig and you will see what I'M talking about. The color #013 is one of the best crawfish colors that you will find, that color looks green in brite light and browner in color in low light, but even in low light some green still shows up.
Try these baits and you will catch more fish.

James
[signature]