Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your favorite type of hunting?
Everyone who hunts has a favorite, what's yours? Mine would be a tie, between big game and waterfowl. Although I like to hunt Deer, Elk, Bear, Antelope (an occasionally Exotics) I really love working in a flock of ducks or geese. What's your favorite?<br><br>Famous last words: "Ah Bears are too big and fat to run fast"
Hi Ghost,<br>I would agree big game is it! When I was hunting often I really enjoyed Varmit hunting also. In Southern California it is open season on coyote and although it is not a a real popular sport becuase you can't eat them. They do have great pelts and are extremely intillegent (hence the name wily coyote) so they are alot of fun to try to call in (when they'll come).<br><br>Mike<br><br>
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

TheAngler BFT Moderator
Hi Ghost, I also think big game hunting is the most fun. Ive hunted deer with bow and gun for 26 yrs, and started hunting bear the last 6 yrs ( its turning to be my favorite type ) , and going to try elk hunting this year in Colo. I still like the pheasant, grouse and duck hunting to, dont take me wrong, but if theres a choice, its big game for me!!!! bye for now, and remember, keep your safe on till you shoot!!!! Flagmanonice<br><br>
flagmanonice, I kinda like the Bears too! I'm returning to Idaho next spring to hunt them again. Good luck on your Elk trip. I'm heading for Montana and Idaho myself. We have a small herd here in TN and our Cow's are calving right now. Elk have been extint in TN since 1865. Good hunting, Ghost<br><br>Famous last words: "Ah Bears are too big and fat to run fast"
Ghost, theres one thing i have a advantage over a bear, see , i have dry ground to run on, and the bear has wet sh#t to run in. LOL Happy hunting, and remember, keep your safe on till your ready to shoot!!! Flagmanonice<br><br>
Have ya'll seen the "bear warning"?<br><br>"The Forest Service has issued a BEAR WARNING in the national forests for this summer. They're urging everyone to protect themselves by wearing bells and carrying pepper spray. Campers should be alert for signs of fresh bear activity, and they should be able to tell the difference between Black Bear dung and Grizzy Bear dung. Black Bear dung is rather small and round. Sometimes you can see fruit seeds and/or squirrel fur in it. Grizzly Bear dung has bells in it, and smells like pepper spray!"<br><br>Bama<br><br><br>
Good one bama! You know what Bears say when they sneek into camps at night and spot campers in sleeping bags?...Yum, sandwiches!<br><br>Famous last words: "Ah Bears are too big and fat to run fast"