Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Little River today
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#00bf00][size 3]Got out on one of my local rivers here today. Got a late start, due to the snow last night.[/size][/#00bf00][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#00bf00][size 3]Was a beautiful, crisp day. Got to the river a little before noon to find out it was cold and windy. We still gave it a few hours. It was myself and G$. and my bro showed up. I know my bro got into some fish, cause I looked up at him a couple of times, just in time to see him release them....right on bro.[/size][/#00bf00][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#00bf00][size 3]G$ not so sure, couldn't see him half the time.[/size][/#00bf00][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#00bf00][size 3]Myself, I had 8 hit/miss, 3 LDR's (right at the net) and landed two. Wind was blowing enough made it hard to get a good drift, but was fun anyway. Size 22 flashback, black WD40 was the flie of choice today.[/size][/#00bf00][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#00bf00][size 3][Image: Provo1006002.jpg][/size][/#00bf00][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#00bf00][size 3][Image: Provo1006004.jpg][/size][/#00bf00][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#00bf00][size 3][IMG][/size][/#00bf00][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#00bf00][size 3]G$[/size][/#00bf00][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#00bf00][size 3]http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f17/FlyGoddess/Provo1006005.jpg[/IMG][/size][/#00bf00][/font]
[signature]
Hey Goddess, you're too kind. Been lurking occasionally , but signed up just to repy. We both know what I caught yesterday, (a little sun, my fly on the bushes, and another on my hat). lol. [Wink]
[signature]
Well, lies don't come easy to me, so I pussy foot around the truth.
I figure it's like the 49'rs, you are just regrouping to be the best[cool]
[signature]
[reply]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#00bf00][size 3]Got out on one of my local rivers here today. Got a late start, due to the snow last night.[/size][/#00bf00][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#00bf00][size 3]Was a beautiful, crisp day. Got to the river a little before noon to find out it was cold and windy. We still gave it a few hours. It was myself and G$. and my bro showed up. I know my bro got into some fish, cause I looked up at him a couple of times, just in time to see him release them....right on bro.[/size][/#00bf00][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#00bf00][size 3]G$ not so sure, couldn't see him half the time.[/size][/#00bf00][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#00bf00][size 3]Myself, I had 8 hit/miss, 3 LDR's (right at the net) and landed two. Wind was blowing enough made it hard to get a good drift, but was fun anyway. Size 22 flashback, black WD40 was the flie of choice today.[/size][/#00bf00][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#00bf00][size 3][/size][/#00bf00][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#00bf00][size 3][/size][/#00bf00][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#00bf00][size 3][/size][/#00bf00][/font] [/reply]

[size 3][black][#000080]I had heard the story previously.. but now I see the proof.. great pics of some beautiful fish..

MacFly[/#000080]
[/black][/size]
[signature]
[cool][font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3]Hi there Gmony and welcome to the FF&T board. Maybe some day we can add some audio bites to this board so that we can hear some music by you all.[/size][/green][/font]
[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=19266;]
[signature]
[#484848][size 3]Just read a different thread so now I am curious.. did you get a chance to try out the offset beadhead pt nymphs on this trip??[/size][/#484848]
[#484848][size 3][/size][/#484848]
[#484848][size 3]MacFly[/size][/#484848]
[signature]
Thanks for the welcome dryrod. I've lurked for the past few months, as F. Goddess has re-initiated my sleeping interest in flyfishing. As far as the music thing goes, it would only work if everyone drinks heavily as they post. I'd like to point out that I've caught a few fish in my day, but never around Flygoddess, and that guy she hangs around with.
[signature]
Yes I did try it, but I tried it on a streamer line which that new three weight did NOT like. Stick with the drys or the dry dropper, or indicator with the Shelbyville. Plus the drop beads I tied were a little big for the Provo. Picky/smart fish there.
[signature]
[Wink] Not sure all that you said here except you did try the offset beadhead flies.. and around Provo there are some picky fish... and here I thought I was beginning to understand the lingo...

MacFly
[signature]
to tell a good lie,
[ul] [ul] [li]Step on the fish; add your shoe size to his length, to give the fish a larger than life respect.[/li] [li]Barrow a few colors from the rainbow to describe his magnificent plume, [/li] [li]Steal the glimmer of a glistening stream to brighten his plume,[/li] [li]Add the babble of a brook to make your story sing the song known by all true anglers.[/li] [li]Throw in the mist of dawns early light to add mystique mystery and aw.[/li] [li]Finally add a shimmer of moon light reflecting from the evening shore of late to add romance, peace, and make the one you are telling the fish tail to, so as they would wish he/she was there listening to nature in all her splendid glory. [/li][/ul][/ul]
[signature]