Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yuba 10/27
Hit Yuba this morning about 7:30. I think Tube Dude and Babe were already on the water. This was my first trip in a tube. I spent the first hour or so just trying to maneuver, the next hour or so trying to make everything work. The Cabela's rod holders are a nightmare. The fish finder setup that I copied from this board worked like a charm. Fishing was kinda slow for me. A few perch and a couple of 17" rainbows. There were tons of fish suspended at 30 ft. in 50 ft. of water. I couldn't get them to take anything though. All the fish I caught were right on the bank. The Tube's were still fishing the docks when I left. I really like fishing from a tube, can't wait for the next trip.
[signature]
You shoulda talked with the dude and dudette! I'm sure he would have given you some pointers, lures, bait, etc. Glad you could make it out.
[signature]
THANKS MIKE....GOOD TO HEAR THE NEW TUBE WORKS.
SORRY THE FISHING WASN'T AS GOOD. MAYBE I WILL STAY WITH STRAWBERRY NEXT WEEK...SEE YA AT TSO.........
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]You should have hailed me. I was expecting you but had never met you before. I usually talk to any other tubers or tooners but had a couple of nasty purist fly flingers down there last year that made it plain that they did not appreciate a spin fisherman trying to be sociable with the elite.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I will be posting our report on a separate thread. I kept one trout and long line released a couple, including one biggun that ran under the dock and wrapped me on a cable. We got over a hundred perch each. They were also right on the bank, in shallow water...chasing minnows. I also netted a few of those minnows.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]We also saw fish out in deep water. They are always out there and they never bite. I have sent down about everything in my bulging tackle boxes and they just sneer at it.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]The rainbows are definitely not in there like they were last year.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
[reply][cool][#0000ff]... but had a couple of nasty purist fly flingers down there last year that made it plain that they did not appreciate a spin fisherman trying to be sociable with the elite.[/#0000ff]

That's the funniest thing I've read here for a while. Damn fly fishers.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Nuttin' pers'nal, Cheech. I've knowed a couple of pocket lint tossers that was almost human.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Again, just for the record, I ARE a fly flinger too. I just don't let it get in the way of being sociable to those beneath my station in life.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]If you were to wander down that way, and you could find a stretch of rocks that the little fathead minnows were swarming, you could do some serious damage with a 2" white pattern...cast right up almost on the shore and then worked out into about 4 or 5 feet of water before picking up and recasting. You might even hook up a couple of nice trout if you could keep the perch off your fly.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Me likey Perch. I like to target them occasionally. I also like the looks the tournament crowd gives me when I'm throwing flies at bass at Pelican. Tables turn I guess. I should probably stick to slimer-only lakes so I don't have to worry about social stereotyping.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]I've been known to bend a flyrod on the bass at Pelican too. Much fun those bass and bluegills over there.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I used to tie big streamer patterns with mono weed guards and flop them clear back in the reeds. Gotta use stout rods and cable strength tippets to ever get any fish outta that stuff but the strikes are scary.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]No worries about worrying. An old friend used to say "You can fish...or you can worry. But, you can't fish AND worry."[/#0000ff]
[signature]
I'm a lint fisherman, and this is the first year I've really gone after the warmwater species. I have had a blast! I only got to Pelican once, and it was fabulous. I need to go to Starvation and Yuba, too. I also need to mount my fishfinder on the tube. I don't usually initiate conversation on the water with anyone, but if somone talks to me, I'll talk their ears off.
[signature]
[font "Verdana,Arial,Helvetica"][black][size 1]Post:[/size][/black][/font] [font "Verdana,Arial,Helvetica"][black][size 1]I'm a lint fisherman, and this is the first year I've really gone after the warmwater species. I have had a blast! I only got to Pelican once, and it was fabulous. I need to go to Starvation and Yuba, too. I also need to mount my fishfinder on the tube. I don't usually initiate conversation on the water with anyone, but if somone talks to me, I'll talk their ears off.
[/size][/black][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]That would be me also. It don't matter if you ride a Harley or a moped, you get wind and bugs in your teeth.[/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]Heck if no one talks to me, I talk to myself....carry on some good conversation at times[laugh] I don't always agree with my answers however.[/size][/black][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]The only advantage to spinning/bait, etc. as to FF is you can fish deeper.[/size][/font]
[signature]