Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jordanelle 10/28
We were all excited to head up to Strawberry one last time before the docks got pulled up, but after my dad called up there, it looks like we missed our chance, so, instead we went up to Jordanelle for the third straight week.
We had pretty much the same results as the previous three weeks. Nothing in the way of perch or bass, but admittedly, I have no idea what I am doing--need to schedule the "TubeDude" clinic. Had lots of success trolling floating rapalas for trout. We caught in the neighborhood of 20 rainbows, all in the 10-13 inch range and most were very healthy looking. Dad's shoulder is bothering him so we did a lot of trolling and not much of anything else. I need to get some of those little jigs that TD uses for perch, do you make those Pat or are they commercially available? Anyway, if you want dinner, head up to Jordanelle and shallow troll for trout, I give you my personal guarantee that you will get them pretty much anywhere on the lake.
[signature]
Nice work, and thanks for the report... I am headed up there tomorrow. What Rapala pattern produced the best for you?

[Smile]
[signature]
Pretty much any floating rapala worked. I personally had the most success with an f11 in silver (that is the black on top and white on the belly). My dad caught some on on the same in a f7 size. Really, the color didn't seem to matter too much. I also used a perch pattern size 9 tail dancer with some success and dad also used a ghost patter LC pointer--honestly though, the F7-F11 Silver Raps were working the best. Also caught a couple on a size 7 shallow diving shad rap.
[signature]
I should also mention that my dad has been using the Rapala 100th anniversary lure that I gave him for father's day with quite a lot of success both trolling and casting. It looks like this:[Image: laurirapala100thanniversarylurerw8.png]
[signature]
Thanks for the info... Sweet looking Rapala... Those stars must drive the fish nuts.. LOL [Tongue]
[signature]
Yeah, very disco, 70s looking. If it didn't say 100 year anniversary on the box, I would have thought that this was from the Studio 54 Ziggy Stardust collection.
[signature]
LOL [cool]
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]I buy plastic bodies in quantities of 100 but I pour and paint all of my own jig heads. I also make casting spoons (cast lead) and make spinners.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Nothing I make is available commercially. It is all "labor intensive". The components are not very expensive but nobody could afford the labor. That's why I am always open to helping someone learn how to do it themselves. You don't really save a whole lot of money per jig, but you can make stuff that the fish don't see all the time.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]If we are able to get together I will be happy to provide a "starter kit" for you and your dad.[/#0000ff]
[signature]