Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lake El Salto report October
[Smile][font "Arial"][size 2]For October 1st-15th, 2006
Air Temp: 78°-82°F (Early Morning and late evenings) 85°-92°F (Siesta time)
Water Temp: 80°-82°F
Average number of bass per boat per day: 40-50
Largest bass caught: 11-1/2 lb [/size][/font]

[font "Arial"][size 2]1. Rat-L-Traps in ½ & ¾-ounce in silver with blue back and silver with black back.
2. Storm WildEye 4 and 5-inch Swim Shads in pearle white, white with chartreuse top, shad and fire tigre.
3. Yamamoto Senkos, Yum Dingers or Bass Pro Shops 5, 6 & 7-inch Stinkos in black with blue flake, watermelon, watermelon red flake, red shad and white & chartreuse.
4. Rapala X-Rap or 4 to 5-inch jerkbaits in white, clown, perch and shad.
5. Eight inch Zoom or Yum Lizards and 10-inch Berkley Powerworms in watermelon, black with blue tail, blue flake, red shad, junebug, watermelon red flake
6. Bomber Fat Free Shad & Rapala DT16 Crankbaits Deep divers in citrus shad, parrot, fire tiger and white.
7. Zara Spook, Sammy and Reaction Innovations Vixen in clear, chrome with black top and white
8. Rico Pop R in white, white with sparkles and silver & black.[/size][/font]
[Image: bar3.jpg] [center][font "Arial"][size 5]October El Salto Action Hot For [/size][/font][/center] [center][font "Arial"][size 5]Both Fly Rodders & Plug Pitchers[/size][/font][/center]
[size 2]Recent Anglers Inn visitors have been using both fly rods and casting gear to clobber El Salto Lake bass. The lake is at full pool and the action has been fast and furious. Here’s what just a few of our early October guests have had to say.[/size][font "Arial"][size 2] [/size][/font]
[size 2]Gary Jacob and Doug Smith visited Anglers Inn in early October. Gary tells us: “Doug Smith and I were down last week. We just wanted to drop you a line and let you know how much we enjoyed it. We caught a tremendous amount of fish, the food was just fantastic and the staff was the best. You guys deserve a lot of credit for what you have accomplished. Your staff really enjoys their work and talking with them shows they all have a lot of respect for you and your dad. You should really be proud. The place is great and well worth every penny. We've already booked a trip for a party of six in May. I wanted to come back in February. [/size]
[size 2]“I just wanted to tell you what a great time we had. Ramon, Joel, Jose, Armando and Jesus are just great people and a pleasure to be around.”[/size][font "Arial"][size 2] [/size][/font]
[size 2]Another of our early October visitors was John Sherman. John also had good things to say about his recent visit: “El Salto Lake offers the world’s best largemouth bass fishing. The lake is tucked away amongst a beautiful mountain setting. Angler’s Inn exceeded my wildest expectations. The service and operation were second to none. The entire staff treats you like royalty from the time you step off the plane until you step back on it. This is a “Must Do” destination for every traveling fly fisherman. It’s about time the fly fishing world discovers this fishery! It truly offers the fly angler the best chance at catching a trophy largemouth off the top. I’m looking forward to my next trip to Angler’s Inn.”[/size][font "Arial"][size 2] [/size][/font]
[size 2]Jerry Seim, a designer for Sage Rods, knows good fly fishing when he sees it. Jerry says anglers who don’t get in on the exceptional fly rod action at El Salto Lake are really missing out. Jerry was here recently. Here are the comments he shared with us: "To write that Anglers Inn provides an exceptional opportunity for the fly angler to pursue largemouth black bass with a fly rod would be a gross understatement in both the scope of the fishing and in the unrelenting level of personal attention we call customer service. First of all, the lake is literally swarming with bass and all the protein they need for rapid growth. For the fly angler particularly, the many arms of the impoundment offer protection from wind of any direction. This is a huge plus when tossing poppers into the next likely strike zone. In fact, while I traveled with a group of expert fly anglers, I would suggest that fly anglers of any or no experience could successfully catch bass on a fly here---lots of bass. [/size]
[size 2]“If you wished to fish strictly top water, you would be thrilled with the action. You will sense subsurface is simply mayhem, a bass bonanza feeding on the shad and tilapia which make up much of the diet of the bass. Anglers Inn is dedicated to the protection and enrichment of the sport of bass fishing. This is important to me. My hat's off to the entire crew, and I thank them again for sharing their magnificent resources. Anglers Inn is a perfect place to visit and see an entirely different dimension of fly fishing. It's hot---really hot! "[/size][font "Arial"][size 2] [/size][/font]
[size 2]If you’re a dad who wants to share a fishing trip with your son or if you’re a son who wants to do something special for your father, you need to visit Anglers Inn. If you doubt that, just read what Brian Kucharski hand to say after he and his dad Tom were here in early October. Following are Brian’s comments: “Me and my father came down to famous El Salto for my birthday this year. I can’t tell you what an awesome experience it was. From the service to the food, accommodations and staff, Anglers Inn is topnotch! We had the best fishing in the world, hands down! Me and my dad had the trip of our lives. [/size]
[size 2]“Our total number of fish caught in three days was 225. I lost count of the 3 to 5-pounders. We had another six or so in the 6 to 7-pound class and about 12 in the 8 to 9-pound range. Then came the ones that made it the trip of a lifetime. My dad got two over 10-pounds. One weighed 10-pounds, 2-ounces, the second10-pounds, 10-ounces. It was biggest bass of his life. My biggest fish was a monster by my own standards. It was an 11-pound, 8-ounce El Salto bucketmouth! It was the biggest bass I have ever caught, seen, or got to hold for a picture. Our best baits used for these pigs was a ¾-ounce chrome with blue back Rat-L-Trap fished about 8 to 18-feet deep on humps, points and banks and 8 to 10-inch Zoom lizards in watermelon seed, green pumpkin and green pumpkin/red flake colors.[/size][font "Arial"][size 2] [/size][/font]
[size 2]“All in all it was the best trip of our lifetime. If you plan on coming to Mexico to hunt some of the biggest bucketmouths of a lifetime, Anglers Inn at Lake El Salto is the only to go! Thanks to Chappy and his incredible staff for doing everything to make our trip as perfect as they could. It by far surpassed any and all expectations I had before we made the trip.[/size][font "Arial"][size 2] [/size][/font]
[size 2]“P.S… Also on this trip I got to meet one of my heroes. He is Les Melton, of West Virginia. Les holds the Lake El Salto record and the fish he produces is just amazing. I have been looking and reading about Les for years on the Anglers Inn website and meeting him was an absolute pleasure. Thanks again from my both dad and I.”[/size][font "Arial"][size 2] [/size][/font]
[size 2]If you want to get in on fishing like you’ve been reading about, give us a call. If you prefer fly fishing, bring your fly rod. If you’d rather use casting gear, go right ahead. Be assured you’re going to catch fish whichever way you decide to go.[/size][font "Arial"][size 2] [/size][/font]
[signature]