Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best Tasting Fish & Recipe?
Which type of fish do you enjoy eating the most? Trout, Salmon, Albackore, etc..<br><br>How do you like it cooked? Sashimi, BBQ, Broiled, etc...<br><br>Include your favorite recipe and/or marinade if you've got it.<br><br><br>Jeff Jost
Hello Jeff,<br>I have to qualify my answer as my favorite sea food hands down is not a fish, it would have to be steamed clams!<br><br>That being said a freshly caught brook trout (I mean from the stream to the fire) cooking in a skillet on an open fire with fried sunny side up eggs can not be beat!<br><br>Mike<br><br>
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

TheAngler BFT Moderator
---That being said a freshly caught brook trout (I mean from the stream to the fire) cooking in a skillet on an open fire with fried sunny side up eggs can not be beat!---<br>Mike,<br>You only say that because you haven't eaten my home fries...brook trout & my home fries cooked over an open fire on a #12 cast iron skillet are likely sufficient to bring Arafat & Sharon to the table...in fact, now that I think of it I may have to submit that suggestion to the proper authorities over at the UN... Smile<br><br><br><br><br>Jerry Vovcsko<br>Moderator: Massachusetts, Connecticut and Rhode Island Forums
I really couldn’t answer that one…<br><br>Some of the Best dishes are `<i>Accidents…</i><br>I’d never be able ta recreate em.<br><br>As long as it’s FRESH….<br><br><br>[Wink]
Nutin fancy just sum fresh fried SPEC fillets with sum cheese grits,hushpuppies, n baked beans...m m GoooD!....<br>My FAV is FRAWG LEGs,put`em on grill(not 2 much heat),gives`em a texture kinda like crab meat...Bsafe!...C-Ya!..<br><br>
That sounds pretty good. Never heard of Autry's breading. Where's it located?<br><br><br>Jeff Jost<br>Albackore Fishing Tackle Bags<br>http://albackore.com
Hammer Head Shark Fillet, roll in 50/50 mix of flour and corn meal, add a tuch of Cajion seasoning and bake covered at 350 deg until it falls apart, about 20-30 minnits. Once you try it you will understand my love for it. To me it ranks equil to Lobster. A sweet taste that can not be matched, or that I have not found. The fried bluegills are the tops with my grandchildren, but only if Gramps fixes them. You got to love those grandkids.<br><br>Texas Gulf Coast Fisher.
[Tongue] sounds yummie

Ill take 2 helpings please.

Hi Patches, ya thinking about joining our little band of fishing buddies here? [center][cool] Membership is free. [cool][/center] [left]becoming a member has its benifits. there are a number of contest that you can enter and win great prizes, free email account, have replies to your post emailed to you directly.[/left] [left]looking forward to seeing you as a member soon...[/left]
[signature]
you betcha!!! haha thanks already enjoy it. finally learned how to login right haha their ain,t nothin better than fishin and huntin in my book, other than my ol ponies i use to have my hounds which were pets as well as my huntin buddies!!!! yeah you bet! now i got some new huntin and fishin buddies haha thanks guys gals. need this!!!! did i mention JACK HAHAHAHAHAHAHA I BETTER!
[signature]
THAT SOUNDS AWFUL GOOOD! MY FILETS I MELTED BUTTER AND SAUTED GARLIC IN IT WRAPPED IN TIN FOIL AND THREW EM ON THE FIRE. BUT I LIKE YOURS BETTER ACUALLY I BELIEVE I TRIED SOMETHIN LIKE IT OVER TO PULASKI. THAT WAS GOOD TO. LOU- USE TO BE PATCHES HAHA
[signature]
[shocked] Man!!! If you ever tasted Cobia before? That has got to be hands down the best tasting fish there is. Solid white meat fillets, no bones, and no strong fishy taste. Slap a fillet in a piece of foil, put in some salt, pepper, lemon, and butter. Throw 'em on the grill or in the oven for a few minutes, and there you go. The best tasting fish you've ever had! The problem is that it's a difficult salt water fish to come by.
[signature]