Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wyoming Deer Hunt
I went up to North East Wyoming with my dad, uncle, little brother, and cousin-in-law over the last week or so. We drew out on November rut tags in region A. The weather didn't quite cooperate, though. 50* highs, 28* lows don't exactly mean a stellar rut. But, they were stupid enough for me and my brother.

We drove probably 300 miles of dirt roads in that area, and we finally found a couple decent bucks for my brother and I around Pine Haven. We stalked them, used one of Eastman's Deer Stalker calls, and had them come within 50 yards of us. I took the first shot, and leveled a 26" 4x4. My little brother shot the other buck a little back, but it still did the trick. His was a 23" 4x4.

My dad missed what I thought was a 165" class 10 point Whitetail. Good buck. My dad and uncle could have filled out on smaller bucks, like the countless 18" 3x3's we saw, but they chose to hold off and go back up towards the end of the hunt around Thanksgiving.

It was nice seeing hundreds of deer and bucks for a change. Not to mention all the antelope. Them folks have an over aboundance of game for sure. We stayed in Wright Thursday night after a bunny hunt, and we had 10 deer right out front of our hotel room. It was fun going out and playing with them with the call. I shot the biggest buck we saw, but I'd have probably rather killed the whitetail. Hopefully when my dad and uncle go back up they can get nice big bucks, too.

When I get the time later, I'll post pictures.
[signature]
Those sure are a couple of dandy bucks! Congrats, and thanks for sharing the pics.
[signature]