Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1969 Trojan
[url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/photos/showphoto.php/photo/1859/cat/500/ppuser/16505/sl/c"][Image: 4waysplit_002.jpg][/url]Just recently four of us went in on this 25' Trojan. We picked it up for a song. We are having it towed tonight to a winter storage spot. Then in early sping we will start prepping it for the water. This boat will be used for ocean fishing out of Mass. where ever we can get a decent price for a mooring. The hull is in excellent shape and will just need cleaning and anti fouling paint. The cabin area exterior needs work wood replacement and fiberglass repairs. The interior cabin wood work and equipment is in good condition and just needs a good cleaning. It's powered by a Mopar 318ci. single screw drive with rudder for steering.
We are looking for some equipment we will need, but agian we are on a light budget. A used but reliable radar unit, a side band radio,a small bladder style dingy [ we have a ten horse to put on it]
Tom other than the standard safety equipment we will need do you have any other suggestions to carry. Thanks for any help chief
[signature]
thats a nice looking ride.it should handle rough water very well.my grandfather swore by the crysler marine motors.they always treated him very well.

i would be carefull on buying used electronics.i would check with marinas,boat repair places that have used radars from peaple who upgraded.the vhf radios i would just buy new,there are modeles out there that arenot expensive.

one thing that would be handy,but not necessary,is a basic 40 channel cb radio.most charter boats use them to talk to one another on where the fishing is the best..
other than the basic saftey gear i would get a good throwable life ring,or something compairable to that.i can get very rough out here in the northeast coast.and fishing in the cold it doesn't take long for the clothes to soak up and bring you down.atleast someone can throw the ring to by time to swing around and retreive them
[signature]
one other thing,i would join either sea tow or boatus.you may never need thier services,but it money in the bank if you do
[signature]
Hi Tom, It's a no brainer on the throw ring that's a good tip with the CB. One of my buds that is a partner is an electrican with very good back ground in electronics so I'm leaving that stuff to him. We are looking at insurance with tow included but will also investigate as a seperate item. I've ordered a navigation chart for the area we plan to be fishing in. It also shows way point for wrecks and shelfs, Jeffries ledge and Stellawagon.
My son also loves the 318 he's a mopar man and an auto mechanic so I know were to go for rebuilding if needed. Chief
[signature]