Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strawberry 11-7
Hit Mud Creek about 7 this morning to find the lake all to myself. Air temp was 29 and nice. Picked up three 18 inch cuts in about 12 minutes right at 8 and that was pretty much it for the day. Did pick up a couple more before the wind came up and I had to leave about 10 but no schools wanted to play. Caught the 3 in thirty feet of water and the others close to shore in about 15 feet. Air temp at ten was a nice 54. No ice on the lake but did find some in a puddle on the way back to the car.[unsure]

Side note I drove around the Strawberry side of the lake as it was still early and found almost all of the boats and toons in the East Portal area. I don't know if the fish were there or just a little out of the wind.
[signature]
Thanks for the report. I took tomorrow off and may run up to see what i can do first thing in the morning. If it looks like i am going to get blown off i will just stop by the Provo and play there for a while.
[signature]
spyder was that you in the tube? Man we went right by you! We pulled into mud creek about 8:15 and trolled up the north side and back out the south side. White center console boat with 3 dudes in it. Sorry we missed you! Not many fish on the finder in mud creek this AM. In fact we didn't find the fish until almost noon. We finally found them over by the ladders surprisingly in 36 feet deep. We had really consistant action for about 2 1/2 hours. The wind was a struggle and kept blowing us off our mark but we had dropped a marker buoy and were able to get back on it. We ended up with around 30 fish all slot cutts. Initially we got them casting and retrieving and a few tolling while trying to find a school and then finally most of them were caught vert jigging with white tubes. I'll post some picts if I get a chance.
[signature]
Yes that was me. If your boat would have come by as close as the other one did I might have recognized you. I found a small school further down from where you were but most of the fish that wanted to play were on the other side for some reason. Just after you left I kicked almost straight across and found several schools but couldn't stay over them because of the wind. They were in a four foot drop off area. All the weeds made it so I was too deep and stuck in the moss or too high and out of the school.

Glad to hear you did good at the ladders.
[signature]
I have never floated (tube) Mud creek. Was it easy to launch the tube there? I still hope to make one more 'Berry trip in the tube before ice on.
[signature]
It's very easy to launch from. You can drive to the water and drop off you equipment and then park just above in the parking lot. About a third or half way down the bay you have water deepths of almost 40 ft in the middle and everything inbetween to the shore. The weeds can be a nuisance but the fish love to cruise the edges of them picking off minnows and smaller fish.
[signature]