Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Upper Green?
Taking my boy to a Hockey tournement in Rock Springs this weekend. Anybody Have a heads up on the area? Were to wet a line? hot bugs?
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]The band is playing at the Gateway up in Vernal this weekend. The Drummer (G$) and myself were talking about the Green Saturday Day (if Friday night don't kick our A$$).[/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]Thinking about right around the dam.[/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Another question due to the fact that I have never fished the Green, is a PFD required to fish the shore line?[/size][/font]
[signature]
No PFD for walking,only for floating. if you are walking make it a mile before you start fishing. you will have a funner time than if you fish the first mile. Copper black zebra and soft hackle sow. they should still hit a joes hopper in the riffles blow flys and bwo's. still a little early for glo bugs but they might be worth a try.
[signature]
Thanks Bud![cool]
[signature]
Just head upstream from Rock Springs. If you have time, go all the way to Seedskadee. Throw the big stuff (buggers).
[signature]
Thanks PBH, have you heard if the Kokes are up river now?
[signature]
you might be a little bit late for them, but there should still be some around. It seems like you usually get two different runs; 1 early, 1 late.

Really, I haven't heard this year, so I'm not sure what their status is. If you do get into some spawning koke's or browns, watch for the rainbows taking eggs!
[signature]
[black][size 3]Hey HFT,[/size][/black]
[black][size 3][/size][/black]
[black][size 3]You are correct, no PFD is required for shore fishing. [/size][/black]
[black][size 3]But, if a person is wading in that river, there are times that it could be a good idea to wear a PFD. Although a wading belt is a good safety measure, folks should also consider their own abilities and sure-footedness while standing on slippery surfaces, and the nature of potentially swift moving currents. [/size][/black]
[black][size 3]If there is any concern in a person's mind about a slip and fall, a PFD could be a good addition for more piece of mind - it could also be a life saver. There are a lot of good choices for PFDs that are comfortable and do not inhibit movement too much while fishing. [/size][/black]
[black][size 3]Also, as was mentioned, if there are egg stealing rainbows about - that could be a good time to use egg patterns to pick up a few. [/size][/black]
[signature]
I have a friend going out with Trout Creek Flies the next 2 days. I will try to have him post a report on Friday when he gets back. Dont know if it will help since you are looking to hit the upper Green?
[signature]