Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2007 Military Bass Tournament (17th Annual)
I hope to see a few of you at next year's just announced location - Lake Barkley, Cadiz, KY. Dates are set for May 6-12 May. For those of you who have never been - this is a great time and is a better run tourney than many of the tournaments run by better known organizations. I just reserved a cottage at Lake Barkley Marina (launch site) and they only have a couple more left - you may want to reserve soon if going. The cottages sleep 6 and are $198/night which includes taxes. That's $34/night each. They charge your credit card for the first night - the rest charged at tourney time and if canceling - you must do so 7 days prior to avoid fee.

Let us all know if you plan on attending!! [url "http://www.militarybass.com/"]www.militarybass.com[/url]

Eligibility Rules:

Participants will be deemed eligible in accordance with AFI 34-262 as it pertains to the 78th Services Division, Robins AFB. This includes active duty Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps and Coast Guard, their dependents ages 16 and over. (under 18 must fish with a parent or guardian). Additionally, National Guard, Reservists, DoD Civilians, DoD contractors and retired military are eligible. Contractors must be under active DoD contract during the tournament week. ID cards will be checked at the Registration Dinner. All participants must present a valid military ID card or one issued to them from a DoD installation.

Fishing with a Family Member: eligibility has been extended to family members of valid ID card holders. A family member may be a Father, Mother, Son, Daughter, sibling, Grandmother, Grandfather, Aunt or Uncle. Immediate in-laws may be included – Mother, Father, Sister, Brother, Son or Daughter. The sponsoring team member must provide written documentation of the relationship. This can be in the form of a birth certificate or a marriage license. (example: if you are fishing with your brother, you will need to provide your birth certificate and your brother’s birth certificate that shows you have the same parent(s), along with your valid ID card.) Teams that include a family member may register after 31 January 07. Registration of teams with family members that is received before this date will be returned. Registration of teams with a family member received before this date, but not caught by the tournament staff will be dropped to the end of their flights launch order.
[signature]
Sounds like a great tournament iceman, thanks for the heads up. I'd love to organize a saltwater tournament here in SC for active duty and veterans, but easier said than done.

I just got out of Active Duty in 2005 and I miss it quite a bit. It's a hard transition from active duty to civilian. Sometimes I wish I would have done things different, however, the military is no place for someone with a family; atleast not my family.

Thanks again partner!
[signature]