Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Howard slough 11/13
Me and a friend hit howard slough this morning and had a great shoot. I nailed a good drake Canvasback, a drake redhead, 3 goldeneyes, a scaup, and a hen bufflehead. Plenty of swans flying low over the main dike too. I wish people would not shoot them in the feet. I watched a kid shoot 7 different birds in the feet and guts. I told him they ewere flying faster than they looked, but he did not take my advice. He did not knock a bird down and probably doesn't deserve to.

By the way, i forgot that last week at BRBR i shot a widgeon/mallard cross. I went outside to get pics and a cat had taken it. Bothe crosses were the hen and it looked very wierd. I shot a hen widgeon and a hen mallard and it was cool to compare the characteristics of each bird in the cross. I wish i would have got a pic before it got stolen. I have 3 witnesses though.
Here's the pics. Enjoy.[cool]
[signature]
[font "Times New Roman"][#ff4040][size 3]Great work on the canvasback! I have yet to shoot a drake though, only got a hen a couple weeks ago.[/size][/#ff4040][/font]
[signature]
The Sad thing is there were 3 more laying on the dike on the way out.[mad]
[signature]
Good mess o ducks there Brody. Nice work.
[signature]
[font "Times New Roman"][#ff4040][size 3][mad]That makes me mad! People really need to learn to identify the ducks before they pull the trigger.[/size][/#ff4040][/font]
[signature]
Nice mess of ducks dude! But looks like your using to heavy of shot? them ducks look all messed up?? probably not getting any meat out of them.
[signature]
I only shoot 3 shot at ducks. I get plenty of good meat off of them. The same as any other shot, and it is all pass shooting so i don't want to go too small.
[signature]
What size of shotgun and shell do you use? 12 or 10 gauge and 2 3/4, 3, or 3 1/2 inch shells?
[signature]
Brody i hope you have plenty of duck meat for next spring[Tongue][Wink]
[signature]
I use a 12 ga with 3" 3 shot and 3 1/2" BB's for geese.
Jason: I have plenty. Don't worry about that.[Wink]
[signature]
That is what I shoot too so you must be just nailing them.[Smile]
[signature]
They are pretty close. Inside 30 yards most of the time.
[signature]
[font "Times New Roman"][#ff4040][size 3]I'm shooting the same thing. Looks like you're a way better shot than I am.[cool][/size][/#ff4040][/font]
[signature]