Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mead Pic No. 8
Fishing at dusk...
[signature]
400 stripers filleted in 8 days and all we get is landscapes?

where's the fish?[Smile]
[signature]
Excellent point...Sadly, we never took pics of the buckets full of fish. It was much easier taking pics during the afternoon when the fishing was slow. But at night, when the fishing was hot, we rarely took photos. We'd always fish till 2-3 in the morning...after which time, all we cared about was filleting the fish, bagging and freezing them, and going to bed. Also, we had to throw all the carcasses into a large hefty trashbag. It's really hard filleting a ton of fish without a fish cleaner aboard the houseboat. Not to mention, your hands get pretty nasty by the end of the night with all the blood, guts and anchovy juices so it's hard to take pics. Nonetheless, you bring up a good point. Next time, I'll make sure we take pics of the buckets of fish. I do have one pic of the stripers we caught from shore at Temple Bar after they were filleted at the fish cleaner. I should have taken a picture of all the ziploc bags full of striper fillets as well. Anyway, I'm really hoping to get out to Temple Bar again for a 4 day houseboat trip. We're looking at 12/26-12/30. We'll see.

Best regards,

Paul
[signature]
Glad to see you had a great trip! Very nice pictures. Spending time on the water with friends is about as good as it gets. I'm hoping to be back on the water soon. Had the old knee cut on and I can't climb into the boat right now.
BaySport
[signature]
Sorry to hear about the bum knee, Baysport. When my joints give me a lot of problems, I slap on some maximum strength icy hot and wrap it up tight with an extra lengthy ace bandage...and a couple Motrins to boot. Take care, and I look forward to hearing more of your reports in the near future.

Best regards,

Paul
[signature]