Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Awsome hour of fishing
Took some time off from fishing to try to get an elk for the freezer. No luck on the elk and all I did was wish I was in the freezer (it would have been warmer). Anyway I came home depressed last Friday and decided to salvage the day with a quick run down to the Ogden Parkway. The weather was warm the sun was setting but it was still pleasant. I rigged up a size 18 BHFBPT and a zebra midge and hit the water. First cast, bam, fish on. After a five minute fight, I brought in a beautiful 18 inch brown. I let it go and removed two more browns (12 and 10 inches) from the hole. I moved up and bam another 18 incher, then another, and another. All from the same hole. By my count it was 4 18 inch browns, one 12 one 14 and I still haven't moved more than 20 yards up stream. I moved up casting to runs and riffles and pulled out one more dink (8 inches) then moved back to the first hole again. I could see the fish stacked against the bank taking something so I cast. As the light was going, and my strike indicator was barely visible, I did one more cast and WAM! solid hit. I fought it for 5 minutes and in the waning light, I landed my last 18 inch brown for the day. (I sinned and took him home to eat.) In about one hour I caught 5 18inch browns, one 8, one 10, and one 12. Needless to say my lack of elk was quickly displaced and I was happy again. Aw, fishing, the way to calm a man's soul.

For your info, all the fish were caught on a 18BHFBPH (humpback tied on a scud hook), and the fish I cleaned was stuffed full of eggs.

katghoti
[signature]
Probably the only really bad thing about fly fishing is the fact that it's done Solo most of the time.
Meaning you have absolutly grand days on the River, but usually your best buddy is not there to enjoy it with you.

The other thing I read in your post was the number of huge Browns holding in Pools.
It just makes me Detest and Pity the folks who use spinner flies and spoons from Bait Casting gear to yank out the biggest and oldest fiah and take em' all home to dinner.

You had a good day. If we ever get through SLC again I'll look you up and we'll go look them Browns up.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]RIGHT ON! great report and good on you for taking one home, specially with all those eggs. We got to start harvesting some of these so they can get even bigger. I bet it was sooooo gooood, nice cold fresh fish![/size][/black][/font]
[signature]
Nice report. I am heading over to the parkway with my 3 1/2 year old right now. He loves it over there.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][green][size 3]I want to get out on the River this weekend (due to the fact that it HAS BEEN FOREVER, and I have a week before heading to Vegas for Thanksgiving)[/size][/green][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][green][size 3]Would you want to PM me where you fished exactly.[/size][/green][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][green][size 3]I got the ooey gooey and I want to try it:[/size][/green][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][green][size 3][Image: ooeygooey.jpg][/size][/green][/font]
[signature]
I want the ooooey.. goooey...ol....just the name maks it sound like what it resembles.. but I can see fish going nuts over them...[Smile]
[signature]
DUH! I always got your back little Brother[Wink]
[signature]
Thank you hun...it is appreciated....

MacFly
[signature]